How to use Reliance Jio on your Samsung Smartphone

I had a code and got a sim. For an experiement, I have put it in my Le Max 2. The Sim got activated today at 10:00 am. Just now I even got SMS that JIO partner offer has been activated on your mobile. But MyJIO shows 2 GB data balance remaining.
Let's see if they are giving offer on other phones too. I am reading posts that many people have got the preview offer on non Samsung models. Few have got it on Moto G4 and OP3 and Redmi Note 3.

Last edited:
I have a G4,However I used the samsung phone to generate the code.Also,I still see only 2GB of data like you in MyJio app even after installing all the required apps.

I had to insert the sim back to Samsung device and activate the unlimited preview offer. Now using it in Redmi note 3 without any issue

Do they ask for IMEI also when giving sim? Because there might be a bug in the myjio app and everyone is getting the code now.

Step 1
Get the offer code from eligible Samsung model. Print it.
The offer doesn't specifically mention that you have to carry your Samsung phone or it's receipt to Reliance digital store. But some store guys are careful and will refuse you as a bug in MyJio app caused every Android phone to generate the offer code.

You will need the following 4 things for your visit to Reliance Digital Store.
1. A proper printout showing offer code along with Bar code is enough.
2. A single passport sized photograph
3. PAN copy is must for identity proof and for JIO Money forceful registration.
4. Passport, Adhaar card, etc for address proof.

Step 2
Once your sim is activated and tele-verified, Your sim will get Temporary partner offer 2GB data, 100 min calls, 100 sms for 90 days. This is not what anyone wants. The real deal is to get the 3 months offer after your SIM gets activated.

1) Insert the activated JIO sim into eligible Samsung handset.
2) Install My JIO app from google app store. If already installed, clear app data so as to reset it.
3) Run it.
4) It will give a pop-up to install 4 jio apps to get the offer.
5) Click on install.
6) Install them one by one. When 1st app finishes installing, you are taken to download next app. Keep following the app installing process till all the 4 apps are installed. After 4th app installation, you are taken back to My JIO app and you get a button there to redeem the offer. Once the offer is activated, you can use the sim in any compatible 4G VoLTE phone.
7) My JIO App still reads phone's IMEI just to activate the offer. Without that, you will only get 2 GB initial promotion offer. That is a good thing. JIO needs to test as many models as possible.

Few models like Le 2, Le Max 2 don't work with JIO VoLTE. The call drops after few seconds. They need firmware update to add full compatibility.

Don't bother if you will not manage to get hold of eligible Samsung phone to generate the offer code and after sim activation to activate the 3 month offer. So even if you get a code from your friend or shady ebay/olx friend, you would need the same phone with the same IMEI to activate the actual offer.

Last edited:

Back