How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,961
i am having cloudwalker 4k 55 inch tv..
but not sure whether it support HDCP 2.2

You need to check the user manual which is provided along with the TV or download the user manual from the site. In HDMI section, they may mentioned it.

Without HDCP 2.2 Amazon 4K stick does not stream 4K content.

Last edited:
@kalyan its the DRM and this is why you are not getting 4k netflix in your TV. and the support says your TV needs to have play store for netflix 4k ? and this is not entirely true. My Vu TV doesn't have play store but it displays netflix 4k HDR without any issues. Its the DRM and my Vu tv OS is opera and my opera Vu HDR tv has the proper DRM so it displays netflix in 4k HDR without any issues.

@kalyan its the DRM and this is why you are not getting 4k netflix in your TV. and the support says your TV needs to have play store for netflix 4k ? and this is not entirely true. My Vu TV doesn't have play store but it displays netflix 4k HDR without any issues. Its the DRM and my Vu tv OS is opera and my opera Vu HDR tv has the proper DRM so it displays netflix in 4k HDR without any issues.

What is your TV model. How do check my TV has proper DRM.

A HDCP compliant 4in1 input before your TV input.

My TV support HDCP 2.2(Ordered Fire Stick 4K and waiting...), but I am not sure DRM is support or not.

DRM support will be there in the fire stick, it will just output video to your HDCP 2.2 port so you are OK to watch 4k!

My TV support HDCP 2.2(Ordered Fire Stick 4K and waiting...), but I am not sure DRM is support or not.
DRM appears to be a software issue, might require a compliant hardware (which your TV as you say already has).... so it comes down to the bad smart OS in your Smart TV.... forcing you to buy another smart device...

Amazon shipped Fire TV Stick 4K with All-New Alexa Voice Remote, I will get it on Friday may be. Eagerly waiting for 4K Videos to watch with DTS 5.1. Also have little fear, what if stick fails to stream 4K content...

Meanwhile I have bought Yamaha YHT-3072-IN 5.1 Home Theatre System through Amazon.

Yamaha home theatre + Netflix 4K + Fire TV Stick 4k combo going to rock soon. :)

Back