HSGQ ODI / DFP-34X-2C2 GPON ONU SFP

ISP
AS24560
AS55836
AS133982
This is a thread only for HSGQ/ODI SFP Please Dont bring offtopic discussion in this only problems related to the SFP may be discussed here.
All Are Welcome.

Recently I upgraded the firmware of my HSGQ SFP to the latest firmware shared by ODI/ HSGQ

Sharing the firmware link uploaded on google drive

Source

Changes I can see from previous firmware
1. it automatically searches for vlan
2. tells what OLT is being used
3. and a good interface statistics

XnisbGt.webp

kUKYwRD.webp

nQzDsLV.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Created my account just to vote in, I want to buy one piece.

Anyone has experience of Airtel OLT blocking/blocklisting our own ONUs? I'm not sure whether i'm going through that.

Here is what happened, [Big story :D]

I was using ODI SFP for several months without any issues. Only problem was, i need to specify different VLAN ID than usual 100 used in Airtel's own ONT. This was the case in my earlier TP-Link G3 as well. For some time i had to use 980, then later it got changed to 1503. During this change, i was travelling and internet stopped working, So family members had to use patchy mobile internet at home for a week till i came back, because they are not good into diagnosing ODI or Mikrotik. When i came back, first i took the airtel ONT and connected back, internet was fine. Then i checked ODI through telnet for mib 84 and mib 171 and found out VLAN Id is changed to 1503. So i changed VLAN in mikrotik from 980 to 1503, then everything was fine. I think this issue specific to Nokia/alcatel OLT.

Basically i wanted avoid these kind of issues, so was searching proper ODI firmware which handles VLAN properly. So thought of checking with this latest firmware attached in OP. My bad, after updating to this firmware, internet stopped working completely, though it finds VLAN as 1503 as old firmware. I was keep experimenting with different settings, nothing was working and went back to old firmware, its again all fine. Here i should have stopped, instead of that, i wanted to try different firmwares to fix that VLAN issue :(. So kept experimenting different one available from the Github link and also tried one from @Strykar 's github repository. That firmware had completely different settings, i think it was hybrid firmware where we can set VLAN (100) in ODI config page only and no more VLAN configuration needed in Mikrotik. It was working fine for few hours and suddenly internet stopped working. Checked with Airtel's ONT also, no go :(

I thought, its a temporary issue and waited for few hours. Then i checked with neighbours in my apartment and no issues for them :(. Field engineers came and checked, all wiring everything is fine and forwarded to backend saying, its backend issue. After two days of continuous followup, yesterday one guy told me.. it will work from tomorrow and if does not work, then we need to change the ONT. Today morning got up and saw, internet is working, bit relieved now. But still with Airtel ONT, not sure should i risk by changing to ODI by going back to old firmware.

So the question is, what was happened in my case? Is it case of OLT blocklisting my serial number or something else! As i said, it was fine with my neighbours who is in same block.

I think it’s firmware issue coupled with so many rapid changes to ODI’s firmware which threw Airtel/LCO’s OLT into confusion mode and caused some misconfiguration at their end. I don’t think Airtel actively blocks other ONUs.

TLDR… You experimented hard and a bit too much for OLT to handle. 😂

I thought Airtel VLAN is 100. Are you getting Airtel connection through LCO?

Back