HTC Desire HD Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,071
AMOLED...Rocks..!!!

Samsung Do have an edge...But they are running short of AMOLED Glass...

Samsung Galaxy S and Wave (8500) series phones have Super Amoled and not just Amoled. Super Amoled is some what superior to Amoled.

righto. HTC has to switch to super LCD in more of their models.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

i just found out that samsung Galaxy s does not have camera flash. had NO IDEA.
I thought many times about camera flash being not available before buying Galaxy S.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Also Galaxy S is the only android phone with a front video call camera. This feature is very important to me.
Also none of the HTC Android phones come with a front video call camera. Any reason?

Hmm..As Far as I know..Only Android 2.2 or later supports Video Call..And I guess samsung should have had a nice roadmap of what they were going to do..Like Upgrading to feature versions and so on..But Yeah..I was surprised when HTC Desire did not seem to have a front cam...Its specs are similar to that of Galaxy S as well..But Also...Most of the Blackberry phones also does not feature a front cam..I am not sure why they are doing this...They are giving out 3G enabled handsets for data alone..!!

its huge :rofl: but nice :D I wonder if it will fit nicely in the pocket when driving/ In restaurant with frnds or do I need to keep on taking it out and show it off that I have new fone finally :D

Samsung Galaxy S and Wave (8500) series phones have Super Amoled and not just Amoled. Super Amoled is some what superior to Amoled.

I thought many times about camera flash being not available before buying Galaxy S.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Also Galaxy S is the only android phone with a front video call camera. This feature is very important to me.
Also none of the HTC Android phones come with a front video call camera. Any reason?

you might be wrong about that. HTC Evo 4G and Dell Streak have front facing camera. Wikipedia also has a couple of other devices with front facing cameras. Though, only the recent devices are providing this feature. early models did not have them. nexus s of course also has a front facing camera.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Hmm..As Far as I know..Only Android 2.2 or later supports Video Call..

And I guess samsung should have had a nice roadmap of what they were going to do..Like Upgrading to feature versions and so on..

But Yeah..I was surprised when HTC Desire did not seem to have a front cam...Its specs are similar to that of Galaxy S as well..

But Also...Most of the Blackberry phones also does not feature a front cam..

I am not sure why they are doing this...They are giving out 3G enabled handsets for data alone..!!

i dont think android versions have anything to do with video calling capabilities. there is still no native app for video calling from what i know. android 2.3 was expected to feature one but it did not. you need third party apps for video calling so they are likely to work with any model. though it makes little sense to do a video call with the camera on the back of the display :D

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

My Samsung Galaxy S came with 2.1 and i tested video call. Its working fine. Even me too stunned to see no video call camera on all HTC Android Phones.
Any body has an answer?

as mentioned above. htc does have at least one model with a front camera. :) though it is not on sale in india.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

WIthout a decent 3G plan, getting a smartphone is a waste of money.

smartphones work fine with edge. of course... video calling and video streaming is not really usable. but you still get to do a lot more than a dumbphone.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

its huge :rofl: but nice :D I wonder if it will fit nicely in the pocket when driving/ In restaurant with frnds or do I need to keep on taking it out and show it off that I have new fone finally :D

i am not sure if the device would fit in pant's pocket. :)

i have to check out with nexus s which has a smaller display. i have only used the N1 which has an even smaller display.

The HTC Desire HD can be picked from authorized HTC resellers located across the country for the price of

Rs. 26, 990.

With the incorporation of technologies like HD and 3D in consumer electronic products, their popularity has increased invariably. Further strengthening the stance of high definition visuals, HTC expanded its Desire series with a HD option sometime last year. After alluring enthusiasts around the globe with its enriching graphical verve, the HTC Desire HD has now arrived on the Indian shore.
Flaunting its stylish aluminum sculpture, the handset sports a 4.3-inch LCD display and SRS virtual sound. The smartphone has been embedded with an 8MP dual-flash camera which is capable of freezing high quality images and 720p HD videos. Embedded with the new HTC Fast Boot, users can make quick calls or check emails at a rapid pace. This is possible as the integration slashes the time required for completing the power-up sequence.
“We have always strived to enhance and enrich the mobile phone experience and the HTC Desire HD is a true testament of HTC’s prowess, with its stylish unibody design and outstanding features,” explained Ajay Sharma, Country Head, HTC India. “We are confident that Indian mobile phone users will value this holistic approach and HTC’s innovations in the new HTC Desire HD.”
The device has been powered by the 1GHz Qualcomm 8255 Snapdragon processor for delivering a smooth performance. It also boasts of the HTC Sense which is said to refine people’s experiences by allowing them to record, create, share and access multimedia content. This software has been also been included into the smartphone for unfolding enriching online e-reading sessions.

HTC Desire HD unleashed in India - Mobiletor.com

I think it was released in Nov'2010Sent from my Desire HD

No, i can see that u have been using it......but may be HTC officially launched it now.

Coz i think about 2 odd months back, when i was discussing with Admin, he too said Desire HD isnt launched officially yet......

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Ok, on 2nd thoughts, as i just went thru that thread, i cudnt find any such specific posts......

SO my claim can very much be wrong!!

Anyways, pricing looks good - assuming that it will reduce in the months to come & become affordable to me!! May be around 15k........lets see how long it takes to fall that much!!

It was officially released in nov 2010 last week and i bought on december 3rd week for 26K. Now its available around 24K. HTC india recently announced Incredible S and available for 26K

Back