HTC Legend in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 6,813
Overall features are good.....As regards battery time - i think it might be used for some music........calling is done, but i dont think it can be more than 30-40 minutes a day.So, what about iPhone 4's battery time?? How long does it last??

Apple iPhone's battery life is supposed to be much better than comparable android devices.

android or iPhone .. good going ..if u want to go for iPhone .. then wait as iPhone 5 is on the way .. and iPhone 4 is not officially released in india so better wait for latest one .. about iPhone it is quite matured os compared to android .. but android is catching up and getting matured version by version .. choosing any one of them ... its totally depend upon your use .. if u are tech freek .. and like to do lot of research and other stuff then go for android as this is open source ... and if u are a normal user who use most of the apps and don't care about open or close end and want more matured os hen go for iPhone ... the advantage at iPhone is that Os and hardware is designed by same company so they use optimum out of hw n os ...there are few disadvantage of iPhone too which i guess already discussed previously over here ...

ipod touch, ipad and iPhone does not feature removable batteries.

the primary reason is this. Apple integrates the batteries deep inside the hardware components enabling them to put in more batteries. ipad i believe has as many as three batteries of different sizes if i remember.

the basic idea is... instead of designing a separate section for a removable battery, apple fits the battery inside the circuit board whereever it finds space. :D

same is the case with i believe all their macbooks now. no user removable batteries.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

here is the battery inside the iphone 4:

https://imgur.com/dwUaT

iPhone 4 Teardown - iFixit

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

here is the battery inside ipad:

iPad Wi-Fi Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit

https://imgur.com/rRCDf

this is simply not possible if you have to give the user removable batteries.

I agree with the battery life of ipods. I am using a 120GB ipod classic from past two and a half years. It still gives a very good battery backup. I can still watch around three movies of an average length of 2 hrs 15 mins. The only problem as admin has pointed out is the non user replaceable batteries. I checked out ifixit website where it shows step by step instructions of replacing the batteries of ipods and other Apple devices. Its very difficult and there are a very high chances of damaging the logic board and ribbon cables if you don't do it with utmost care and by using specially designed opening tools.

So after going thru these posts, i can infer only 1 thing......If battery life isnt much of an issue, HTC Desire HD can be preferred. Will let them know this fact when i call them up!!

agree on battery .. but the the battery life they offer is pretty good .. and they are well known for customer service...i won't suggest iPhone 4 .. as its not launched officially in india

Back