HTC's customer service in India

• Thread starter Thread starter AB96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,006

How has your experience been with HTC's customer support?

• Very good

• Good

• Ok

• Bad

• Very bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
ISP
Dvois ION
Hello. I'm thinking of buying HTC's One E8. Being a college student, its one of very few phones that fits my budget and also provides good specs in every department.

But after doing a bit research online regarding HTC's customer service in India, I was left baffled. Some reviews that I read on various websites showed HTC's unreliable and corrupt way of handling the customers.

As I said, being a college student, a mobile phone is a very important medium of communication for me. And if one day I unfortunately damage it, I want it to be fixed ASAP; something HTC can't be trusted upon.

So my query is: Is HTC's customer service really that bad as I've read online? Would like to hear from someone who had an experience with HTC's customer service personal.

E8 is apparently an amazing phone. I have had two experiences with HTC customer support. A friend had to get his power button replaced. But this was from the times of windows phone devices. he was not happy with the support because the service center told him that the button was soldered to the motherboard and the connectors had become so weak that he would either need to get the motherboard replaced (lot of money) or start using the button carefully to not break it again. it was a reasonable advice so i do not think htc did anything wrong there.

my second experience was when my own htc one x had an extra sensitive proximity sensor. htc guy told me that it was a common thing and nothing to be worried about. i was not happy. he issued me a doa document to get a replacement on my request without much hassle. got a new unit that worked fine (from the online seller). so it was pretty good as well.

in the end you are more likely to read bad reviews of service centers online. i would suggest buying it through flipkart where you get 30 days of easy replacement in case of manufacturing fault. here is my afflink :P 30 days is more than enough time to find out any manufacturing fault in a device.

E8 is an amazing phone. No argument there. But it seems like almost every problem that can possibly happen in a HTC smartphone is somehow connected to the motherboard of the phone.
I went through tons of websites, both Indian and foreign, and they all had one issue in abundance - faulty motherboard.

I guess if you are not comfortable going for it, you should not get it based on quality of customer support :\

very bad service.
I once wanted to get repair my wildfire officially on service center (Ghaziabad). they seems to have outsourced the same and it was looking a local shop. even samsung has better service. he charged me xyz amount and to tell me that it cant be repaired.

recently I tweeted HTC india regarding replacement of my htc one s battery but looks like they are only listening, no reply till now.

to be fair, all customer service centers usually charge a fee to analyze out of warranty devices before giving you an estimate of the cost of repairs.

the htc service center in gurgaon. the last time i visited him. also catered to Sony and few other companies :P samsung of course is huge and has their own dedicated customer support shops. in fact they have multi-story support center in my sector's market though this center does not cater to mobiles. they do handle the other hardware like laptops, tvs and other consumer electronics. i have been there several times for the chromebook related issues.

Back