Husshhh!! Finally i switched from Vodafone to Tata DoCoMo Network. Thanks MNP.

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 22,939

amar

Senior
ISP
TataSky BB, Jio-4G, Airtel-4G
Hey friends after a long delay finally Mobile Number Portability is here.
and i switched from Vodafone to Tata DoCoMo Network.
:: FYI ::
Here is the sequence of events::

I applied on 22nd Jan in TATA DoCoMo gallery In Pune.

I got 1st SMS:: From DoCoMo on my Vodafone no. in just 1 Minute when i submitted the form to DoCoMo. "Hi! Your Mobile Number Portability is registered successfully"

2nd SMS:: From DoCoMo "Your Port in request request for mobile no. 9823XXXXXX to TATA Tele has been forwarded to your service provider Thanks You - Tata Tele."

3rd SMS:: From Vodafone IN "Hello! We have received your Porting request VZXXXXX dated 22nd Jan 11. We will validate your request and revert on confirmation by 96hrs TAT from the time we received the request from MCH."

Today i.e. 26th Jan i got 4th SMS:: from DoCoMo says "Welcome To Tata DoCoMo network and enjoy your freedom!! You can simply insert your DoCoMo SIM and enjoy Tata DoCoMo services. Thank you for choosing us."

You have moved to a piece of crap operator. Any specific reason for opting out of vodafone?Im sure you will dump docomo very soon...Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Good if it works out for you. From my experience of some of the major mobile operators, I would put Airtel and Vodafone right at the top in terms of relative peace of mind. Particularly with Vodafone, I have not faced coverage issues in the last 7 years, except in hilly areas

bro, u have done blundder by switching to tata docomo. now Mr. Docomo will take for rollar coster ride! :readtherules:they are worst in customer service. vodafone had been the best among all for cust service. must have changed for 3G services. well, my opinion shouldn't have changed

You have moved to a piece of crap operator. Any specific reason for opting out of vodafone?

Im sure you will dump docomo very soon...

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

There is no on-net calling packs in vodafone. and GPRS/3G packs are very bad.
I am using vodafone services from last 6 years. But there is no On-net calling packs in vodafone.

Good if it works out for you. From my experience of some of the major mobile operators, I would put Airtel and Vodafone right at the top in terms of relative peace of mind. Particularly with Vodafone, I have not faced coverage issues in the last 7 years, except in hilly areas

I switched from Airtel to Vodafone around 2 years ago. Vodafone has excellent coverage in Mumbai & Maharashtra. Even while on coversation when commuting in train I face almost nil call drops and other disturbances.

If they could provide some good GPRS plans they can lure more customers. GPRS plans of Vodafone is costly as hell :O

bro, u have done blundder by switching to tata docomo. now Mr. Docomo will take for rollar coster ride! :readtherules:they are worst in customer service. vodafone had been the best among all for cust service.
must have changed for 3G services. well, my opinion shouldn't have changed
Dude, i think you are not using TATA's services in Maharashtra circle... TTML services is very good in my circle but no idea about TTSL. ;)

TATA Docomo giving me free missed call alerts, Free voice mail, On-net mins @ lowest cost, data at low cost. and Main thing TATA KA BHAROSA.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I switched from Airtel to Vodafone around 2 years ago. Vodafone has excellent coverage in Mumbai & Maharashtra. Even while on coversation when commuting in train I face almost nil call drops and other disturbances.

If they could provide some good GPRS plans they can lure more customers. GPRS plans of Vodafone is costly as hell :O
I agree with you. Vodafone has excellent coverage. I am using vodafone services from last 6 years. But there is no On-net calling packs in vodafone. thats why i opt out from vodafone.

totally agree .. am using the hutch/voda from last 6 years and there coverage is good ... just they need to do something about GPRS Plans .... pura balance khatam kar dete hai ...

Mumbai Vodafone sucks for gprs plans.Many Many customers are unaware about the hidden charges they have.

Back