• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,240

kanishka

Linux geek
ISP
512 UL BSNL
i have moved form home 500 to ul 1350 today........

after running internet very extensivley ( at its max ) my speeds after 7 hours........ BSNL was good .......

even after the 7 hours no disconnecting that was good one .......

i have kept torrents at 55 torrents...

50 seeding(uploading) with 5 peers per torrents (average)

5 torrents downloading at 25 peers per torrent (average) to run under a private tracker nothing more i need .......:yahoo:

^ Great speed, specially upload :thumbsup:

Hi,i would like to know if 512kbps is enough to play games online.Im a gamer and i play games most of the time and also download torrents too.So,if i put this UL 1350 plan,will it be suffiecient..?

@/kanishka/
I have moved form home 500 to ul 1350 today..
Check with your 14digit portal ID in usage portal My orders .
Whether provisioned activated etc . When did you apply for the change ?

Hi,i would like to know if 512kbps is enough to play games online.Im a gamer and i play games most of the time and also download torrents too.So,if i put this UL 1350 plan,will it be suffiecient..?

More than speed you need low latencies, and this is where we Indians lose out. Most good game servers are in western or foreign countries. Unless you have the resources to host your own server/league in India with BSNL or Reliance you will have poor experience.

Not worth it. Better to make friends and play on LAN at home or office.

More than speed you need low latencies, and this is where we Indians lose out. Most good game servers are in western or foreign countries. Unless you have the resources to host your own server/league in India with BSNL or Reliance you will have poor experience.

Not worth it. Better to make friends and play on LAN at home or office.

well this is very tight question....

for gaming ping is necessary when come to ISP's

this is very funny think with BSNL .... they don;t have direct connection to internet ........they have a backbone to MTNL in mumbai .........all your traffic will move from the mumbai recently they have got some bandwidth with airtel

when coming to reliance i think this is best for corprate (this not recomended to home users) because most of traffic form reliance server in mumbai are secured ports they are under extreme monitor under the firewall in the routers .......this the reason u will get more ping time in reliance

airtel i think i have to stay neutral in this matter .......i have no idea how they are alined.........

for gaming 512 kbps is enough for the game ""GRID"" i have played .....

frames woun't delay but game runs about a 5-10 secnds delay to the highend graphic games

bsnl has very high pings to most sites you can forget about gaming and video streaming. It takes me about half an hour to download from ftp 10 mB from an indian server, where the same took me only a few minutes on tata comm with the same speed package. Connecting to a peer on torrents also takes a long time.

bsnl has very high pings to most sites you can forget about gaming and video streaming. It takes me about half an hour to download from ftp 10 mB from an indian server, where the same took me only a few minutes on tata comm with the same speed package. Connecting to a peer on torrents also takes a long time.

as i said they don't have direct internet connection to world .........

they are redirected to mtnl in mumbai

Back