I am very eager to know why Jio doesn't offer true unlimited plans for its 4G customers

• Thread starter Thread starter netuser123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,458

netuser123

I got banned!
ISP
Reliance JioFi (4G)
Jio is offering true unlimited plans for its fiber customers for Rs 1500. I read it here.
Why doesn't Jio offer true unlimited plans for its 4G customers ?

1. It's not unlimited.
2. Mobile internet requires wireless spectrum which has limited capacity and is very pricey.

@Sushubh
I am living in a rented flat. We will be moving to a our own home soon so I don't want to take a fiber connection just yet.
I am using the maximum possible data plan Jio offers for 4G which has a 3GB daily limit.
I can watch Youtube in 360p for approx 10 hours but problem is if I watch in 720p I run out of data very quickly.

VI Postpaid has unlimited data right?
Atleast some of their plans do
Or is there some small text hidden in there

Also, BSNL 1098 Plan.

But for true reliability you will need a WiFi or Wired Connection. Maybe ask your neighbours if they you can borrow their WiFi for cheap?

Jio is already suffering from severe capacity constraints and with the astronomical costs of spectrum here in India, it's unlikely that it will get better anytime soon. Mobile data is highly populated country is never a replacement for broadband. That being said, broadband in India is also now very cheap, fast and reliable.

Mobile data costs will continue to go up.

@Kingshukrox
I was in the past using SITI broadband & was facing speed issues & disconnections on a regular basis but I must say Jio 4G is simply awesome in this respect. No disconnections, no speed drops.

That is untrue. It depends on what ISP you go with. Two cheap ISPs in failover will be way more reliable than 4G. Unless ofc some turd cuts the cable into your home.

You get better pings, browsing experience and consistency with wired connections.
With 4G Hotspot I sometimes get 600ms ping spikes and some ocassional packet loss (on both Airtel and Jio).

Back