I Bricked My Tp Link Archer C60 AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Goku00
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,151
ISP
BSNL
i recently tried to flash stock rom through putty. openwrt >> stock firmware. the flash was unsucessful and the router is now bricked nothing happens when i plug in the router and only the power led works. when connecting via the lan port 1 the ethernet led doesnt light up either. i manually assigned the TP-Link suggested ip and used tftpd and wireshark to take logs. and the router was looking for tp_recovery.bin file and i flashed it succesfully.(but then i realised that it was connected to the wan port).
after that nothing happens. still no response from then router. i have taken some logs, can some help me to know what the problem is.

Though I have a TP-Link router it is unused. My experience is with recovering bricked Asus and Linksys routers. In these there is normally a recovery procedure that you seem to have followed but if its still not responding it generally means the CFE (common firmware environment) is corrupted and unless you have a backup you will need to use the JTAG pins on the board to flash the ROM. You may want to ask TP Link for further help.

chip & wheatbread thx for the reply. TP-Link support also suggested contacting the nearest tp link service center. thx for the info. :)

I bricked mine too today morning. Sadly there's no service centre near me and I don't have programmer here with me either. I hope I find some repairing shop here who has the tools atleast or I'll have order a new router.

Wheatbread don't order new router now. If you have warrenty. Most router have 3 years warrenty rt. So try to call TP-Link service first or last.

Check this video out, see if it helps you:

Source
( You can take logs and save them via wireshark.)

If only the power led is blinking like my tp link Archer C60. I would suggest you to check the video out and confirm you can't do nothing by your own. After that call this no: 18002094168. Then an engineer will talk to you about the problems and suggest you solution and ask you to check with another power adapter which is 12V 1A(recheck with the power adapter that you have now to make sure the output is the same as I said). Check with it if you have, if you don't have it find one or lie that you checked. After that the person will cross check your address and send you an rma confirmation.

Tp link service center link,
(Check this link to find the nearest service center near you and call them)

Call them and they will ask you whether you have the rma confirmation and you can courier the device or go to them directly if you can. They will check the device and repair it or send you replacement if it's covered in warrenty. The courier cash will be detected from required courier center. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It doesn't respond in anyway, I think only way it can fixed is reflashing the image on the flash but I don't have the tools to do that here. I'll talk to them anyway.

Back