I dont have recharge in my Airtel Xstream Fiber but my internet is working what should I do?

@nishantt6969 Finally Today I actually after 15 days decided to pay, and there was a 30 mins area wide outage ( confirmed with my neighbor ), after which I got IP, but hardly any access for 25-30 seconds. I even restarted the router after that. Actually I wanted to restart before the outage, but anyways, that's a next month ( May ) thing.

And after recharging, I got full 30 days ( 29 exact ), just have to now see the billing cycle, it's yet same on website

Fun fact :2 Which is interesting :- I got 120 mbps as usual on my 100mbps plan, except when I test on Speedtest for Airtel Broadband Noida server, I get full 1Gbps. So probably the glitch is with Noida Server. ( They are gonna solve it if they read this LoL )

They are gonna solve it if they read this LoL
This was reported in 2021, noida server is uncapped for most of the users, airtel engineers knows this.

@justageeek I am suddenly getting 800-900 Mbps to the Mumbai server. So it's possibly uncapped bandwidth to some of Airtel's Speedtest servers to keep the customers happy. ;)

@justageeek My Airtel subs is due for renewal today or tomorrow. Thought of upgrading to 1G but dropped the idea. 300 Mbps is a kind of sweet spot for me. I don;t subscribe for 1 year even if they offer a discount as a 3 or max 6 month subs is enough just in case I have to part ways with the provider.

Ok Guys, want to update on this @Chip @nishantt6969 ...

That free Internet thing is again working, plus I am getting 1Gbps speeds again, on all speediest servers / everywheree.

So here's the big explanation how it actually stopped and how I started getting that again.

So what happened actually, on around 4th or 5th June.......
my fiber strand had a weak signal, so I got a LOS light. What the Airtel LCO did was, he put me and my neighbor under same fiber strand with a splitter in the junction box , and this was despite the fact he had put a 6 core fiber cable of 150 m length from FAT box to my terrace.

He could have simply given another strand from 6 core from FAT box, but was lazy to do so, to go back to other building climb those 3 floors, etc..
Fast Forward a bit.....

Real problem started more recently in start of July first with slow speeds ( 0.69 mbps uploads ) to both me and my neighbour .
So I did complain, and they resolved it in a day without visiting, but then started disconnects. Both of ours internet disconnected 2 to 3 times a day for 25-30 minutes.
What I observed was that I was getting pretty low optical power variable from -28 dbm to -33 or -34 dbm and Internet stopped working at -33. Same with my neighbor, but his stopped working at -32.5, and he always had better power. ( Probably wrong reading by the ONTs )

Then I complained again,

This time, Airtel Technicians visited first with all the slicer machine and other equipments, then they realised, they even don't know where's the FAT Box and all and said the LCO will visit.
(In my city OLT is also of Airtel, FAT Box is also of Airtel . Just putting up the line from FAT box was done by LCO and even probably the area is transitioning from LCO service to Airtel Technicians probably.)
Had to follow up a lot with them, someone from LCO / Airtel side even closed complaints 2 times without resolving.
Finally on 26th July, The LCO guy game, removed the splitter, and put strand in FAT Box. I am now getting -25 normally, and it goes down to -28dbm sometimes. Neighbour has -22, and he goes down till -26dbm.

I will be happy if the area won't be under LCO, coz even the LCO guys keeps their mouth shut even on asking anything, they don't say much as if it is some business secret, and if like telling or suggesting them anything, they are very rude. Even their policies are bad. As per them any signal above -30dbm (mind the -ve sign ) is good. While As per Airtel , or even the Airtel Xstream Fiber App, any signal above -26dbm is good

Now the big question I have for which even google didn't give me an answer, why does optical fluctuate so much, at random times of the day, even where there is no wind, or anything and at different varying times of the day ? I am getting no idea of it. @chipp @nishantt6969 if you know anything do let me know,

But what I get is, my internet used to disconnect daily, which reset my connection and stopped me from connecting when plan expired. Now that the cable has improved, the same old bug is back, and I am able to still continue using internet, that too at 1000mbps speeds again.

Ideal power is better than -27 dBm. You will be able to see this in your router's 'optical block' (or similar) details page once you login. AFAIK optical power can vary due to the following reasons as per reasons given by TPBB tech:
a) Distance from OLT
b) No. of connections from OLT
c) Night and day..yes it can vary during day time especially in the summer when the drop cable is exposed to strong sunlight
d) Damage to feeder cable or drop cable. Sharp bends in the cable will mess it up. Also, with splices power loss increases
e) Loose connections or misaligned connectors at the OLT, splitter or even your ONT i.e. anywhere along the path.

Well, if you're now getting 1 Gig..enjoy the ride :) My experience with 1 Gig was a total disappointment. I am back to 300 Megs now. No point wasting money.

I have had -30dBm for a good amount of time, thanks to airtel and the internet worked just fine.
So I doubt it all depends on the Rx recieved on the ONU.

Yes Night and Day affects

but still it's very random, Sometimes the power drop happens at 10 AM Morning, sometimes 8:30 AM.... like wise sometimes 2 PM, sometimes 3:30PM
If it would be like for some random 5-10 secs, it would be okay, but this is like , it happens for whole 30-45 minutes.

I guess there could be some loose connections at their Fiber Access Terminal ( FAT ) Box or OLT .

Yup, I am getting 1 Gig, enjoying it.

Back