I got low ping on jio fiber after a year

• Thread starter Thread starter raj17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 1,151
ISP
Jio
A year ago, I was getting 15ms ping, 87ms latency on downloads, and 15ms on uploads with my Jio Fiber connection. Fast forward to now, and things have improved—5ms ping, 67ms download latency, and 4ms upload latency.

1 Year ago, test photo

Recently test photo

It looks like Jio has finally done something right! But... I still face high latency during gaming and sometimes even experience buffering when loading photos and videos on Telegram.

The lowest ping I get is to Jio Bhopal and that's about 14ms. It fluctuates a lot though. Sometimes I get 14ms, sometimes 16 and sometimes 30ms.

If they can't get their ping right to their own servers than expecting their ping to be good to other servers is too much for me. 😂

Oh, and while we are at it, what's your current ping to Cloudflare.com and Discord.com?

Yeah, @Zuke , I agree with you. Ookla Speed Test measures the nearest server, which leads to lower ping, latency, and jitter. Even if I get a 1ms ping, it doesn't mean I'll get good ping on every site I visit. But currently, all the sites I visit are loading a little faster, which is a good sign.🙂

Sure, I'll send you my ping results, but I'm on my phone right now, so I'll send them later.

in 2017 or 18, i got 20-25 ms ping on nearest servers on jio fiber with cloudflare ping of 30-40 ms and google ping of 40-50 ms.

Then after 2021, pings got reduced. Nearest servers show ping of 3-4 ms and cloudflare ping was 2-3 ms , google ping came down to 6-7 ms.

So in my area jio browsing and streaming is way better that airtel but no where close to netplus or connect broadband.

in my opinion connect broadband which is using tata backend is having the smoothest experience.

@raj17 Nice to know. Every now and then, there are days when I too have good browsing experience on JioFiber. Doesn't last long though. :ROFLMAO: And yeah, just like Rickysin, here my local ISP also works significantly better than JioFiber for browsing.

The main advantage on JioFiber is download speed though. It gives full speed on almost every server, which local ISPs fail to do.

@Rickysin You’re correct I’m from Kerala I’m using/experimenting 3 ISP’s(Asianet broadband,Kerala Vision & Airtel 5G) all these uses Airtel Upstream and these 3 ISP’s sucks during routing while traceroute static IP of Airtel 116.119.44.XX series (Chennai Based IP) ping is 200+ ms and routing to international is worst 300+ ms is average

Btw I have a BSNL FTTH connection (Tata Upstream ) is getting almost 150-200ms to that international site (BGP.tools) . I also use Airtel Xtreme in Karnataka it’s perfect for gaming and it’s routing is amazing but Airtel upstream ISP (Kerala Based) sucks

Back