I got the connection. It's Amazing.

• Thread starter Thread starter dthamu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,906
Status
Not open for further replies.
steady 13 KBps for me.. when i uploaded a file in link-removed.. the speedtest shows around 50 kbps...

I am from Cochin and I live about 2 km from the tower, but sorrounded by buildings. For the first week, it was giving good speeds between 500 kbps down to 1 mpbs down although the upload speed was pathetic (50kbps). Over the last few days the bandwidth has deteriorated and now I get about 200-300 kbps most of the time, which is not bad, often it drops well below that. The EVDO indicator still shows that I am linked to EVDO and I get a 2 bar signal as I always used to do. Even going up on the roof where there are few obstructions hasn't helped much. I think BSNL guys have some work to do. Browsing speeds are not good either. I plan on terminating by the end of the month when my current paid amount expires. Maybe when they fix this thing and it gives more decent speeds, I will come back

u do know tht when more customers join a broadband service, they eat up the available bandwidth which means each customer gets less?

I think this is because the rate of EVDO is unimaginable. Since you don't get the promised speed and it varies a lot from person person, which ain't the case with Broadband Customers.

My house 2 km from the tower. Firstly as i said, get around 120 KBs - 150 KBs. But one of my friend in the same SALEM city got 180 KBs - 190 KBs, in his house at a particular point in his house.So i was checked throughout my hall (using the USB extension CABLE of 5 Mtrs, because i used for DESKTOP), and one particular place and angle i'm amazed, i got around 190 KBs - 220 KBs constantly. Then i put on the modem in that place parmanently. and my signal strength was 3 Bars out of 4.Constantly around 190 and above for 24 hrs. There is no speed droping. Also the important point is, when i was searching, 4 to 5 points in my hall getting 4 full bars signal strength, but i got only around 70 KBs. So the signal strength is not important, the direction of modem tower and location is important.(When i was purchased EVDO i'm the 4th person in the SALEM city, but now around 200 connections sold out in the last 15 days, one of my friend working in BSNL says. - Note that the speed is not decreased.)So search for the exact location and enjoy.

dthamu any idea in your area how many guys are using EVDO ? Maybe you can ask your friend in BSNL. He must be having correct info about it. Since with it we can guess how many users BSNL EVDO can handle ?

I get 30-60 kbps (that is bits and not bytes). Torrents are out of question for me. Download speeds are barely 10 KBps.

i am planning to buy EVDObut can i make it dynamic by using proxy server what about its downloading and uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back