I had to reset my modem, and now I can't connect to the internet.. :(

ISP
Airtel
Hello everyone,
Today, to get my server online, I had to forward the port. And for forwarding the port, I had to reset my modem(Beetel 110TC1). Now, I forwarded the port, and tried to connect to the internet, but failed. I couldn't connect to the internet. I tried taking of the power plug and restarting, but that too failed. I had to connect to the internet because it's very urgent..
I hope you all understood my problem and are willing to help me. Please someone help me.

If you have actually done factory reset on your modem than you will need to configure it again. The two main settings are:
- VPI/VCI for the ATM connection (same for all Airtel connections in your area)
- username and password for the PPPoE connection (specific to your connection)

With these two settings you should be able to connect to the Internet. The username should be in the Airtel bill. I don't remember if Airtel has a common password for PPPoE.

Today only I paid the bill of my broadband. So I don't have the bill anymore. Any other way to do it, or find my username?
And for the ATM VC settings:
VPI value is 1, and VCI value is 32. What should they be?
Anyways, thanks for your response. ☺

the password is usually your customer id. but your local area guy might have a different rule.

DSL ID is hard. It starts with STD code of your city but the rest of the part is not your phone number. At least for me.

Other settings are:
VC 1/32
PPPOE

In any case, a quick call to Airtel support would be enough to reset the password and get the user id.

That means, if I call to the Airtel Office, then they would reset everything and then I would be able to connect to the net?

yup. they should be able to give you the user id and reset your password for you assuming password is not visible to them already.

Alright, thanks man. Because it's too late now, tomorrow morning the first thing I am gonna do is to call Airtel Office, and then convey my problem... Thanks for that quick response...

Back