I need help to reset my Power DVD of my DVD-RAM on my P.C.

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,273

GABRIEL36

ISP
DIALUP
Dear Friends, Greetings. I was wondering if u could help me out with this problem. It seems that my Power DVD Player 5 of my DVD-RAM of my Computer -- Drive E has got some how automatically fixed to Region Code 5. Now, because of that I cannot play any DVD's that do not belong to Region 5. Region 5 is essentially India, Africa, Etc. I cannot play DVD's that have been manufactured in the United States, Canada, Europe, etc. Is there anyway i can reset my Power DVD Player 5/Cyberlink of my P.C manufactured by SAMSUNG to Region Code 0 so that i can play DVD's no matter where they are manufactured irrespective of the Country of Origin ??Can I reset "The Power DVD Player to Region 0 ?? so that i can play any DVD -- which i cannot at the moment. I get a message saying that i can play DVD's only of Region 5. Thanking u in advance, I am quite illiterate in these matters, so your help would be appreciated.

GabrielPower DVD is a software that plays DVD. The region encyption you are talking about happens at the hardware level. I am not sure if Power DVD can do much for you, I think it's a setting that's "permanent" in DVD drives. I use linux, where such a restriction does not exist; but I do remember being hassled by it back in my windows days. At the time there were a couple of alternatives: Flashing your DVD drive's firmware (risky sometimes) and using DVD decyption softwares, which wouldn't work sometimes... I don't know what the present scenario is and some windows user here might be able to help you. Good luck.

in the device manager, check out your dvd player properties and see which region is it set to.u can change the region setting 5 times i think, and after that the last one becomes the permanent setting!

Doom9.net - The Definitive DVD Backup Resource
DVD Region Code - Cracking

Haven't tried any of the above ideas. The only thing I have ever flashed is the MB bios, and I am always scared when I do it.

In India, most hindi movies are 'All region' discs. And english movies etc. are predominantly region 3 discs. You do get some region 5 discs or region 1 and 2 if some one gets them from abroad. I have one drive set on 3 and another on 2. So no need to get too jumpy about what to do when some region encoded disc comes about.

As for ramaseshan's linux idea, I haven't tried it. No harm in doing it if it saves the region changing nonsense.

I thought you used linux, gregory...

There are certain softwares, that reset the DVD player RAM. Hence u can play DVDs from any region. Google for it

Dear Cool_Techie_TVM,

Greetings. Could u "DESPERATELY" help me please ?

I have googled regarding what u have said but i do not know what is considered safe and not safe "SOFTWARE" regarding resetting the DVD Ram, if i play a DVD now, i get a message which says "Only DVD's of Region 5 can be played".

I also get some error number and message which says that the Region Code has been permanently fixed or automatically fixed.

I cannot understand how this could have taken place as i was never given 5 chances to change the Region Code !!

I just played an English Language DVD made in India once, and after that i cannot play any DVD's made in any other countries.

Is there any way I can make a DVD Player or my current DVD Player Region Free that is Region 0 (No Restrictions).

Region 1 is U.S.A. AND CANADA.

Can anyone please help me regarding this situation ??

I am desperately looking for any kind of help !!

GABRIEL36...you have two options1. update your dvd ram drive's firmware (a risky work)2. use some kind of software which bypass this region check algo.for first method, please tell me your dvd ram drive make and other specificationsfor second method use any of these two softwares hxxp://link-removed.com/files/82121990/dvdregionfree.rar or hxxp://link-removed.com/files/82122273/RioDVDRegionfreePlayer.rarchange hxxp to http....try these and then inform me.

Back