I want to buy a good Android TV box having 2-4GB RAM and 16-32GB storage and which supports 4k, Kodi etc for my iFFalcon Led TV. Please advise.

• Thread starter Thread starter Shashank80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,718

Shashank80

ISP
MTNL Freedom 800
I want to buy a good Android TV box having 2-4GB RAM and 16-32GB storage and which supports 4k, Kodi etc., and has Google Play Store from which I can install apps which I want and also install APK files. This is for my iFFalcon Led TV which is a Smart TV without Android which makes it an not-so-smart.

I am willing to buy it from non-Indian portals like GearBest. AliExpress, Banggood etc if it is a great deal and also secure. Please advise accordingly.

Btw one I got to know from YouTube is Schision V88 Android TV box which is cheap but does not have good ratings on Amazon. Please advise accordingly.

Your options are Mi Box International Version(Couple of years old) or Mi Box S(released this month). Both are available on Gearbest/Banggood/AliExpress. If price is not a concern, best bet would be Nvidia Shied from Amazon US.

Please don't go for any cheap android tv boxes as they are not good and won't play Netflix properly. Even when they do, it is limited to SD resolution.

Please bear in mind that there is no prime video app for Mi Box International version or Mi Box S. However, side loading of the prime video app for Nvidia shield works fine.

You can also consider Fire Stick 4k.

Upvote 0
@gopichandpai my budget does not allow me to go beyond 2-3k. Amazon Fire Stick 4k is around 6k - too pricey for me. It has only 8 GB storage.

@Kalyan_1980 Cubetek Android TV box has good reviews on Amazon but is also priced at 4.5 k.

Can I get these or better ones from overseas portals at cheaper prices securely? I feel a little insecure in buying from these sites. Also which "Plug" do I select for using it in India EU, UK or US? Kindly guide me regarding the Type of the plug.

Just to mention, I came by a very good TV box on GearBest with 4 GB RAM and 32 GB Storage at a good price but I am unsure about the make and quality. Please guide me.

Upvote 0
If you want netflix 4k it is not offered in Cubetek 4k box, you can however play 4k files that you have downloaded on these 4k budget boxes. If you want to play 4k prime and netflix(or even HD in some devices) then you need a device with DRM license to be able to do that, in your price range I don't think any device offers that.

Upvote 0
Back