I want to buy a laptop 50k max.

• Thread starter Thread starter supukabi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 2,129
ISP
BSNL Adsl
Hello I am trying to buy a laptop for 50k selected 2 models

1. Buy ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 15.6-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/Bespoke Black/1.80 kg), M513IA-EJ310T Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

2. Buy HP 15 10th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6-Inch FHD Laptop (Intel i5-10210U/4GB/512GB SSD/MS Office/Win 10/Jet Black/1.74kg), 15s-du1065TU Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

One is from Asus and another is from HP. Asus is giving a better deal with possible future upgrade also can extended 3yrs of warranty for just Rs.999. Hp also can be upgraded but it's coming only with 1yr and warranty extension quite costly. No the main concern asus after sale service and reliability if my laptop stays half the time in the service then what is the benefit. Can anyone of you share your reviews regarding this.
Thank you.

@supukabi 7 people I know have Vivobook models. Either the ryzen or the Intel versions. I myself have an Asus TUF gaming laptop. None of my friends nor I have experienced any hardware problems till date.

As far as I know, HP is the worst in terms of reliability. There are many hardware issues with HP. I have seen 3 such cases myself.

The good ones are Dell, Lenovo (except few models), ASUS, etc. You could simply do a google search about the reliability of brands and you can find that ASUS, Dell are pretty good.

If you want utmost reliability, go for Dell. I have a Dell Vostro which is 10 years old now and is still working fine. Lenovo Thinkpads are also a great option. Very reliable and have good upgradeability options.

Upvote 0
I have seen many videos of Asus customers expressing how their laptop got damaged in just within 1 yr specially vivobook line up also dissatisfaction in their after sale servic. Tuf line up is somehow better. I am not telling that HP is very reliable but at least their after sale service is very good. One of my friend is using hp laptop for 2.5 yrs still he has not got any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
If you need the best quality and reliability and can compromise a bit on the specs, then go for Business Laptops from Lenovo, Dell, Acer. I have personally used Acer Travelmate Series which I got in 2012 while I was in college, still going strong (with a few upgrades like SSD, RAM to prevent obsoletion and Battery), I have currently also got another Dell Latitude 5490 which is atleast as Sturdy as my Acer Travelmate and I can bet on it to last another 7-8 years. And Lenovo Thinkpads are anyways world famous for their Build and reliability but I personally have not had the fortune to use one.

Upvote 0
@supukabi Chekout Lenovo website. Thinkpads are good option, they are sturdy.

https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/d/laptops-by-specs?IPromoID=LEN878502&sort=sortBy&currentResultsLayoutType=grid&visibleDatas=facet_Processor%3AProcessor%3AAMD%20Ryzen%3Bfacet_Processor%3AProcessor%3AAMD®

Upvote 0

Back