• Views Views 4,172

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I cannot handle the description of this service. https://goo.gl/vkoZe
ICICI e-Locker is an online document storage facility to store all your valuable documents at one central secure location. Be it your birth or marriage certificate, passbook statement, life insurance policy, PAN card copy or any other prized document, access all your documents anytime conveniently.
Secure and Accessible: Documents are stored in a secure manner and accessible only to you via a secured login.
Anywhere, Anytime Access: Documents are accessible through ICICI Bank Internet Banking or ICICI Direct account login anywhere, anytime!
Safety and Longevity: Documents are stored online safely, which facilitates future retrieval in an easy manner.
No charges for storage: This facility is free of charge for Privilege Banking customers.
ICICI e-Locker provides storage facility of up to 1 GB with no limit on number of documents to be uploaded.
However, each document cannot exceed size of 10 MB.

Why will anyone use this service, there are many premium image hosting sites other than Google, flickr

More like who do not know about services like google drive or skydrive.
I mean even in my wildest dreams I cannot trust ICICI with my digital files.

Well I know a few people who will not trust online services like Gmail even for storing important but not critically important docs. Even less google drive or skydrive. But may trust a "bank" and its "security" measures.

That's the thing. There are no government regulations that ensures the safety of your digital content in these digital lockers.
I am also not sure about the concept of digital copies of your:
FD Certificates
Driving License
Medical Insurance
Educational Certificates
Marriage Certificates
Passport
Pan Card
Tax Papers maybe… But I doubt scanned copies of above documents have any validity.

Well, some of the docs, scanned version are mostly sufficient like educational docs, the last company I joined asked for scanned copies to release the offer letter saying that they will check originals at the time of joining , which they did not, ofcourse they did make me fill the details at an online page which would have been used to do background check. So, just saying... I dont remember anyone actually glancing at originals off late atleast in IT industry as background check happens in any case using just the info you provide online.

chromaniac said:
Just wait for them to make this a paid service few months from today.
Well they used to give this service for free to Wealth clients. it basically is an highly secured (at least claimed so) server which stores a scanned copy of ur documents , although scanned copy of documents have no value in banking as we only verify on original documents.
However its convenient to store stuff on the server which you would get into trouble if you were caught with it...

Dont know why people want to out source their responsibilities to some some server (Skydrive/Dropbox etc) which is not governed by our laws & we wont be in a position to anything if things go wrong. Every few days there is some news about someone's service/servers being hacked & data/passwords being stolen but I guess cloud storage is the current rage till someone takes a big hit & everyone starts gong around like headless chickens Ohhing Aahhing. :pissed-off:

Back