• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,217

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
I know that we need to activate the imobile App of ICICI for netbanking via registered mobile
Questions
a) Can only the mapped mobile phone should be used over GPRS for activate
- The answer I believe is yes, as my friend said it does not prompt him any ID or anything, but directly activates over GPRS (using mobile number linked to bank account)
b ) Once it is activated, can we use over WiFi, also what about other 3G/2G connection once activated using mapped mobile (Example data plan on alternate sim).

Yes, Once activated you can use it using any mobile data and wifi. It just needs the mapping from the linked mobile number.

Cool. I just activated 3G on my Airtel mobile & activated the ICICI App. Not sure why but Airtel 3G was terribly slow (symbol was E for edge???)
I intend to get an alternate SIM (likely Vodafone) and use prepaid to recharge and use 3G whenever needed. 124 / 1GB for 28 days looks much cheaper than Airtel's 250 per month for 1 GB fixed every month..

Phone would show E if you have 3G disabled in the phone options. It would also show E if the phone is not connecting to 3G towers.

Havent even tried exploring the settings to potentially "disable" 3G. Considering that my work place is like in the heart of the city, no 3G signal / towers here would be lol on Airtel

When I changed sim card from my mapped mobile the account was still working fine :lol:

When I changed sim card from my mapped mobile the account was still working fine :lol:
That's not good. It ideally should work only with your number which is linked to the account.

I complained to it immediately, and they said we will escalate the issue, though it still needs all kinds of passwords all the time

I have an additional Voda Sim & with 2G/3G data I am able to access the App - So it does work with non-linked mobile as well once activated.

Back