• Thread starter Thread starter sumit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,961

sumit

ISP
Wired
Hi...
I'm a good Old(6 yrs) Prepaid subscriber to IDEA......

I don't know how an IDEA changed others life, but from last 10-15 days it made my life miserable....

My request for IDEA -> DOCOMO, rejected twice...??(Due to Strange reasons :o)

Reason 1 for rejection - Service rejected by Operator due to UPC Mismatch (isn't silly...:P)

Reason 2 for rejection - Service rejected by Operator due to Legal Reasons (....:pleasehelp: .....)

When contacted Sweet Customer Care (They charge 50ps/3 Min to engage), instead of solving the issue (to my surprise :|) they started pestering me like " U r our Privileged Customer, Y r u leaving our (Sweet) service,.....blah... blah....blah.....by saturating the issue..:impissed:

Finally they said that their TeamLeader...:grin: will call me and address the issue...I don't know where that TeamLeader came from...and when he'll call me...:imbored:

I've seen some of our members facing problems with their Operators too. So i thought to share my experience with members, so that any suggestions can help me and others.......

I'm sure i'm/we're not gonna leave these... IDEA Buggers.....:notallowed:

I was a temp team leader back in the days I was 19 so take it from me. There are times when we know customers are desperate to do such stuff, we push them to the level that they will say the magic words. I don't know magic words they consider in IDEA- maybe "I am recording this call and if you try to convince me to stay or force me to stay by making any excuses, under TRAI (or something like that) I can lawfully sue you and your call centre agency. Why TLs do this? Calls are recorded.

@The Sorcerer - I agree with u, its like trying to convince and FORCING me to stay with them. How come they stoop down to such levels with their unethical business practices.
If this is the outcome, then why the hell MNP was implemented and what the TRAI/DOT is doing....??

If this is the outcome, then why the hell Mobile Number Portability was implemented and what the TRAI/DOT is doing....??
TRAI and such bodies won't do if significant amount of complaints are not put up. People are to blame as well (not you) as they have a tendency to live with the problem despite having the resources and money to change.

Why they do that? Heads pressure managers or else its goodbye jobs! Company managers put a pressure on call cantre agency owners and they can't do business without them. Company managers put pressure on their support guys so they don't have a choice. You'll be suprised, those guys who take calls are smarter than they seem, but then their are stiffled and watched. Sorry to burst your bubble, but its the things we do in life to keep our Lifestyle going. That's why I left AT&T U.S. after bellsouth merger and AOL U.K. after carphone warehouse merger. If I can't provide proper tech assistance, no point in banging my head.

There was a time when 1Mbps plan via MTNL India was a ripoff compared to the Delhi guys. Some people have made a petition locally (not a famous case but it was done with many suppoers) with name, sign, phone number and address. Responsible people submitted and efforts were made after few months. The point is people expect change as soon as they put up the complaint and that's where the frustrations build. One has to simply put the complaint across properly with all the necessary details. You'll be suprised- many 3rd party PR agencies even for telecom depts circle around the forums.

Forwarded a complaint to Deputy Director General of Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cells , first thought to forward the complaint to concern IDEA Nodal Officer/Appellate authority, but u know how the system works here.
In fact they are all Puppets in the hands of Network Operators (not to blame all). So forwarded to DDG of TERM Cells.
Hope what he'll do...??

Meanwhile i request all the members who are victims of this kinda unethical practices.......please don't be calm forward the complaints to DDG of TERM Cells of the concern area/circle.....hoping for justice to be done.

ah.......came to know from my new Operator(which i haven't shifted yet) that my 2nd request was rejected by IDEA read as "Rejected by Donor 2. Contractual Obligation Violation " ....huh....

So any Legal Experts Here......?? What exactly does that mean ??

In fact when i called IDEA ccare today(8 times), becoz yesterday they said that i'll be getting a call from their TLeader(TL) but i don't know where that TL was F&^*%$#. they keep on saying that our TL lines are busy.......call after 1 hr.................our servers are upgrading (:rofl:)......call after 1 hr........network upgradation(:evil:)......call after 1 hr..........prolonging all day............resulting me to say a Few Magic words....:evil::evil::-))

By the way my Unique Porting Code(UPC) also Expired today..??
SIM wasted..??
Porting charges Wasted..??? (happy to be RS:19/- if its 200/500 bucks then..... :iomg:...)...

I was a temp team leader back in the days I was 19 so take it from me. There are times when we know customers are desperate to do such stuff, we push them to the level that they will say the magic words. I don't know magic words they consider in IDEA- maybe "I am recording this call and if you try to convince me to stay or force me to stay by making any excuses, under TRAI (or something like that) I can lawfully sue you and your call centre agency.

Why TLs do this? Calls are recorded.

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide your Idea cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website. www.ideacellular.com.

Regards, Ideacellular

Back