Identity proof to be mandated in all rail travel soon

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2,280
Overall, it's a very good move. Hope the TC's will not take bribe in absence of identity proof

lol you stated the obvious. it give more opportunities to the TC to make some chai paani.btw. what do i rename this thread to?

lol you stated the obvious. it give more opportunities to the TC to make some chai paani.

Yesterday I came across a young TC. Energetic. Seemingly honest.

Looking at the way he worked and talked to people. I felt like honesty is not completely gone from Indian railway TCs.

problem is that as the time passes and they face hardships they realize honesty does not really work out well in the real life.

problem is that as the time passes and they face hardships they realize honesty does not really work out well in the real life.

Yes. I think the same too.

the point is what does this new rule changes. it only gives more powers to the corrupt to make money. same with traffic cops. what would majority of travelers prefer? pay the full price of the ticket (or whatever) or a percentage of it in case of incomplete documentation? the point is that government comes up with stupid rules which only make things worse for the common people. i mean 1000 rupee fine for not having a pollution certificate. a certificate that is given to you without an actual checkup of your car. how is it logical from ANY angle? soon they would make it mandatory to have aadhaar card to travel on the train /s

Nope this rule is good.There are many agents who do false booking. This move will block this completely.Because when travelling there is no guarantee that TC will accept bribe.Even 1% chance of an honest TC wud mean that a normal person will think twice before purchasing fake tickets.

so the idea behind this move is to block agents from blocking ticket purchases by buying them in bulk?

Back