Identity proof to be mandated in all rail travel soon

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2,280
Yes. Earlier agents wud buy random tickets of different age groups.Then they wud just sell it to person seeking tickets at some commission.They inform the person abt the name and age which they have to tell to TC in case TC asks for name.TCs wud avoid asking for ID proof as there was no hard and fast rule for them to ask for ID card.Now with this rule, TC will ask for ID proof. And agents cant buy tickets without knowing ID no. in advance.

Yes. Earlier agents wud buy random tickets of different age groups.

Then they wud just sell it to person seeking tickets at some commission.

They inform the person abt the name and age which they have to tell to TC in case TC asks for name.

TCs wud avoid asking for ID proof as there was no hard and fast rule for them to ask for ID card.

Now with this rule, TC will ask for ID proof. And agents cant buy tickets without knowing ID no. in advance.

Last year an agent in New Delhi station told me that he already have a confirmed ticket on someone's else name (which he had booked on 90th day) and he would need my ID copy & passport size photograph to transfer the ticket to my name.

photo? since when did railway start asking for photo?i think that agent must be issuing VIP tickets in name of pre-booked tickets.VIP seats are allocated just before chart prepartion.but then even for VIP tickets, railway does not ask for photo.

Well VIP tickets means HO(High Official) quota!He even gave me the ticket to see which was confirmed. He said, I have contacts in PRS counters and I would get this confirmed ticket transferred to your name.This was for 3AC, when the rule was to show ID proof in AC classes.

must be some internal jhol. some direct access to database or so.

i hope not all agents can do this. if all agents can then railway better stop making such rules :D

Yeh! He was charging 1000+Fare for this!

Back