iMessage & Facetime issue on Airtel after new eSim activation

• Thread starter Thread starter deepakdcg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 13,754
ISP
Airtel
hey guys,

I got a iPhone 14 Pro from the US recently and that phone has both esim and no physical sim option.
4 days back I migrated from Physical sim to esim and everything went fine but post migrating to esim I am unable to activate Apple iMessaging and Facetime on my Airtel number and on the same phone I also have Jio esim and that works fine with iMessage and Facetime activation.

Airtel CC say they will and get back but no update from them.

has anyone else faced this issue ? how do I even resolve this with Airtel ?

Hey, were you able to resolve this?

Ya because iMessage sends international SMS or something like that for registering. You need to actually recharge the SIM with money (the 100 free SMS won't work for this). Each SMS is like Rs. 5. So add talk time for Rs. 20 and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: SVK
Ya because iMessage sends international SMS or something like that for registering. You need to actually recharge the SIM with money (the 100 free SMS won't work for this). Each SMS is like Rs. 5. So add talk time for Rs. 20 and see if that fixes it.
This is not true. To activate iMessage you just need messaging services enabled(100 free SMS works) and active internet connection. There's no "international SMS". These issues get fixed automatically after a day or two.

@rajat_ I also have this problem of not being able to use iMessage/FaceTime with my airtel SIM and whenever I recharge my SIM with some talktime, as soon as I try to activate it, it charges me ₹5. So, it does seem true. I couldn't make it work though.

I activated iMessage/FaceTime long time ago in Jan 2021 when i bought iPhone 12. Used to have a prepaid connection then. Never recharged it with any "talktime" balance, just the quarterly tariff packs with 1.5GB/day data, unlimited calling and 100 SMS a day.

Hmm. I have also have SMS balance yet it charges me ₹5 if I recharge any talktime and try to activate it. I don't really need it so I stopped trying.

Back