iMessage & Facetime issue on Airtel after new eSim activation

• Thread starter Thread starter deepakdcg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 13,754
Well my cousin had 100 free SMS but facetime and iMessage just wouldn't register. So I recharged his iPhone 13 (2022) with actual talktime and after that 5Rs. was cut the registration was successful.

I think so but I am not sure. The message was sent in the background by the iPhone and the message didn't show up in the messages app so no way to know if the recipient was international or not.

I inserted my VI sim in iPhone 12 Mini. Earlier it had Jio SIM and iMessage/Facetime was activated with Jio number.
Today I saw notification that Jio number would be removed from iMessage/Facetime after 24 days, and whether I want to update to new number.
I tried to update in settings, but it was not activating. I removed Jio number listed and restarted phone. After phone was restarted, Alert was displayed on screen about Rs. 3 was deducted from my VI balance for iMessage/Facetime activation.
So its confusing whether it was local or international message. But iMessage/Facetime is successfully activated with VI prepaid number.

After reading through this thread, I did recharge with topup and try removing airtel number from imessage and facetime. After retriggering the activation, it asked me wether i want to enable sending message for facetime and imessage. After saying okay, it sent international message with charge 5Rs and hoillaaa, both imessage and facetime are now enabled.

Airtel still charges 5 INR for activating Facetime where in case if JIO its free.

I tried several times by changing my primary and secondary sim's. Airtel always charges and JIO is always free and the irony here is Airtel customercase executives have no clue about facetime. :)

The worst part is that it still doesn't get activated on the first attempt sometimes. So be ready to pay for 2-3 texts.

Back