IMP: Privacy policy for this (OUR) forum!? Give ur suggestions...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 28,008
I don't think dis-cussing TV, broadband, cellphones would lead to any problems, until you keep your work in legal limits, Regarding logs, don't even think you could escape, you are always TRACEABLE.
No matter whatever you do to hide the info, it could take a extra DAY, but if a qualified expert given the power to dig the logs, he'll have you pin-pointed in no time.
I would recommend never try to erase the logs, they could be life saving if you are innocent.

Also if its a legal complaint, iam sure the workflow would be like--> the site owner would be asked to provide details for any specific abusive user, group etc, either by a legal notice or somesort of legal Arrest, judicial custody etc, if he fails to provide the logs, he can be with-held for not disclosing/trying to hide the facts, and if law enforcement agencies find that you were trying to, hide, remove, alter the logs, you would be inviting serious penal charges against the things you never thought off.

I have a lawyer friend who did worked closely on a similar issue and all i learned was never do stupidity of playing with evidence if you are RIGHT, if you are a culprit, then do whatever your lawyer says, else co-operate with Law enforcement agencies.

Also never lie to your Lawyer or your doctor, both can be Life's Risk

I hope you all don't mind my words, but as iam also a member here and a 8 yr hard-worker on net i think its better to share and learn than to criticize or mis-lead.

thats well written

if something has to be traced then it could be easily done.if your using the same computers everyday or if you've opened any email accounts from that computer/ip then you can be sure that they'll trace your a.s.s.terrorists mostly use cyber cafe to get there work done and in the resent bombing case, a dude living in navi mumbai claimed that someone stole his wifi to sent threatening mails.

i will only say. dont post anything on this forum or online of which you would repent later. :P

thats well written

it is and answers my earlier query precisely.

Was it about mayabati or was it insulting some hindu god ?
2-3 guys posted some images of Shivaji, and Airtel gave the wrong address for the provided ip.

2-3 guys posted some images of Shivaji, and Airtel gave the wrong address for the provided ip.
sadly our fundamental rights are not absolute.In US you say say whatever you like to the prez except threatening him.

I hope our rights and privacy become absolute one day here too.

ps:this site need mods and a privacy policy.

OT wise google keeps your logs of whatever you search and your emails for 90 days even if you have deleted.

In the 21 century privacy is a hard thing to get but i have my hopes.

and for all security whores:P
those who give essential liberty for security neither deserve liberty nor security-- Benjamin Franklin,Founding father of USA

on the forum... i can assure you that i would not give out any IP address to anyone who asks me. I would delete any such reported post. of course, if i am bullied, i would pass on the ownership of the forum to my friend in USA on paper.

oooooooooooooo!that's some relief! :yahoo:hope u don't change ur mind if and when the time comes and u r pressurized or given loads of ... for the info!:P

duh. i am not going to sell out. i don't see any such possibility of me being forced to reveal information about anyone. we maintain a clean forum here. people talk about general and legal stuff. we already report and clean out any potential damaging material!

Back