IMP: Privacy policy for this (OUR) forum!? Give ur suggestions...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 28,008
i think u shudnt do that. infact may be legal requirement by IT laws.

i don't think all sites hosted on united states retain content provider's IPs all the time.

But in India u need that, because else if someone does something, police will point at u and then u will need IP to point them somewhere else.

forum is hosted in USA. domain is registered on an American address. what else can I do :)

But u r staying in India! They can catch u if someone does something.

well we do not do anything illegal here. i opened up a special forum for controversial topics which was blocked from public view... warthog did not approve of that and disappeared... technically we tend to stay clear of the law.

This is good discussion. I am just concerned and can you clarify please, If I am not satisfied with a service provider and I write about my experience here and tel basically the whole world(Potentially) what the company is upto, Is my Privacy safe?If I dont like a particular political Party or a leader and I disagree with what the party is doing and I want to bring it to the Public view, and I express in the Forums what I have experienced and what my views about the party or the person is, is my Privacy safe? i.e. - Is is for sure that the party leader would not find out about me and send some gunda's to beat me up? In broad sense, do we have our democretic rights and our freedom of Speech on broadbandforum.co . Also can you tel us certain tips to keep our privacy even more safe?No matter what it is, there is always a line. So what is the line here which should not be crossed?

mhm. i would probably have to consult a lawyer regarding this. there are a couple of things that are needed to be cleared. the site is hosted in USA. domain is controlled by a company located in USA. the official WHOIS information is on an American Address. from what i see, indian laws should not be applicable on this forum. and since i am no longer recording IPs it would be hard for me to pinpoint anything. in simple terms... i would rather delete any offensive content (or shut down the forum) than give out any personal information (even though i doubt i have many other than the apache logs made automatically on the server).

I am sure there would be some people who are lawyers here, who are members of this forum. It would be great if they could help out?

Back