IMP: Privacy policy for this (OUR) forum!? Give ur suggestions...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 28,008
@adminI think as long as its proven that owner is indirectly an Indian and in India. Then they can force the owner to reveal anything legally. So if police in any case asks for the info, owner has to reveal it.I still feel that by disabling IP recording u r ready to take all the legal responsibility/liability on u. Which I doubt u intend to do.

in simple terms. i do not own this forum. i moderate it. i operate it. on behalf of my friend. he owns the domain...

as for taking legal responsibilities... what am i supposed to do to prove that i am serious about what i do? forum is pretty much clean of stuff that could create problems. if a company complains to me about anything that is posted on the forum, i can only decide then what i should do with it. till now, no company has decided to do that. the only content that create problems for me is the content i myself has posted on the sites i 'operate'.

I think I get the hang of it. So in other words Indian Police walla has to get the concent of the US government to even get to your Friend who I am guessing is a US Citizen. In case the Police walla is corrupt , or he is just trying to stop person from practicing his democratic rights, he has to prove to the US govt. that what the person is doing is" Against the Law" which the U.S. govt. would not consider as illegal, because all the person is doing is practicing his freedom of speech.

and if needs arises, i do not think it would be a big problem to switch to a sweden based server. and again... we do not post offensive stuff on this forum. the topics discussed on this forum are mmm not critical enough to raise the eyes of the security agencies in india. as for writing ones opinion against any company or corporation... i guess the situation is pretty clear. if you are not ready to back your claim and the company in question doubts your claims and complains to me or any other moderator of the forum... we would simply have to remove the content because we cannot ourselves prove the genuineness of those comments by ourselves. in simple terms... people tend to post their personal experiences. and that form of content is not something that would create headaches for any company. if that was the case sify broadband lawyers would have been all over me.also... i do not think we would permit stuff on this forum that goes against the common sense levels of reasonable stuff. that includes: pirated content, nudity, online scams, personal attacks, attacks related to race/caste/creed/gender/so on... these are the kind of stuff which usually create problems for web based services. and for generate comments made against any entity or company... like the one related to indiamart... i would simply have to do the reasonable... if the poster is not going to defend himself... i am not in a position to defend him. and i would save myself the legal hassles and remove the objectionable content in question!

i guess the situation is pretty clear. if you are not ready to back your claim and the company in question doubts your claims and complains to me or any other moderator of the forum... we would simply have to remove the content because we cannot ourselves prove the genuineness of those comments by ourselves.

in simple terms... people tend to post their personal experiences. and that form of content is not something that would create headaches for any company.

This is really helpful....Thanks for Clarification!

Back