Impact Of Sun Dth On Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,365
kavignarvaidha said:
Going by the newspaper Ads regarding Sun Direct, most of the Channels (except the popular Tamil channels) are literally of those which are not watched even by a few hundreds of viewers. However, we have to wait for further details of packages containing other Sports, Movie, Music, News Channels in Sun Direct to guage their strength.Sun Direct advertises that 'Installation charges extra'. But, why did they not mention the actual Installation Charge they are to levy? They gave importance to the Rs 75/= tag and everything else left untold. The most surprise factor is that there is seems to be no Website for Sun Direct right now, though they have spent crores in advertising. Even the website of Sun TV does not have any mention about Sun Direct. Why? Why they have not mentioned any possible launching date?uote]

whats wrong in sun giving importance to the 75 rupees tag, comeon dude this is the advertising technique used all over the world and the ad clearly says about the condtions, where does cheating comes they tell u the charges before hand, here in uk sky gives dish and stb free but when the installtion is done the person installing charges me for installing, this is the case all over the world, and it is already told by the dealers that the launch will be by the month end, and no one is compelled to pay the money if they like the offer they can pay if not why bother abt buying

India said:
Well I have both DTH and I will stay with Dish TV and Tata Sky because I know they are best and always ahead of Sun TV,
One thing is I want to inform you that Sun DTH will not have more channels than us in terms of National and Internation channels. Also they can't add exclusive channels because I&B's downlink permission. Accroding to this Both DTH have all exclusive channels excapt Hallmark. So don't worry about it. Among 150 I am sure thay have more than 100 channels for relaigion channels Like Marthi, Punjabi,Bengali. ETC.

wait and see for more good channels, sun wont reveal eveything till they got everything confirmed their package will be better and more cheap than the other ones and sure the people who complain now will regret later.

I am a TS user and I have booked SUN Direct, since STB is coming free. I dont mind paying the installation charges, since I will have the freedom later to choose what i want. All the sports and movie channels will come in Sun.-Ravi

I don't understand why you guys are pushing TS so much instead of appreciating good developments like this; here is my story: I decided on TS after reading all the hyped feedback and TS vs Dish reviews. I am totally not satisfied with their service and the reasons are:1) Inferior quality STB: they decided to launch the very useful DVRs, even though these are shipping in huge volumes abroad, only to sell of the huge inventory of the inferior quality Thomson boxes here. They advertise about DVD quality, but these STBs support only RF and composite cable. All Sky customers in foreign countries are switching to Humax STBs. 2) STB lockups: my STB has locked up several times (first time right in front of the Tata Sky engineers who came for installations). Also STB is not able to receive the signal even in moderate rainfall. This happens to the TS customers in my neighbouring flats also and this is one of the main issues all TS vs Dish says to be happening with Dish but not with TS. I posted this issue to the customer care online aroud two months back; but they didn't even bother to reply me3) No value for existing customers - TS recently launched the much awaited Sun channels and there was a message to contact their helpline no to activate these channels. After listening to their advertisements for more than 15 minutes ( the number is not toll-free BTW) i could talk to them, but they said I will loose the free Monsoon offer ( I have 3 more months left) if I activate the channels. I cannot switch to the South Value pack, which is of the same price as the Jumbo pack in the offer. Now I call this as cheating or cornering customers.4) Subscription is overpriced considering the Indian conditions when many popular SI channels are still not available in TS.I am sure that Sun will not be able to afford to give all channels for Rs. 75 per month and definitely they will increase the price. That cannot be called cheating and in fact they are giving the STB + Dish for free as part of the introductory offer and the installation price can be saved in a few months compared to the subscription price difference between Sun and TS/Dish. This is a good offer compared to the enormous amount charged by Dish and TS for the cheap, inferior quality STBs (TS charges Rs. 2000 for STB alone, Rs. 1000 for installation and the dish belongs to the company; they can take it back once you terminate the service.I consider the introductory offer by Sun as a very good deal and will definitely switch if they more English/Hindi entertainment and news channels.

I don't understand why you guys are pushing TS so much instead of appreciating good developments like this; here is my story:

I decided on TS after reading all the hyped feedback and TS vs Dish reviews. I am totally not satisfied with their service and the reasons are:

1) Inferior quality STB: they decided to launch the very useful DVRs, even though these are shipping in huge volumes abroad, only to sell of the huge inventory of the inferior quality Thomson boxes here. They advertise about DVD quality, but these STBs support only RF and composite cable. All Sky customers in foreign countries are switching to Humax STBs.

2) STB lockups: my STB has locked up several times (first time right in front of the Tata Sky engineers who came for installations). Also STB is not able to receive the signal even in moderate rainfall. This happens to the TS customers in my neighbouring flats also and this is one of the main issues all TS vs Dish says to be happening with Dish but not with TS. I posted this issue to the customer care online aroud two months back; but they didn't even bother to reply me

3) No value for existing customers - TS recently launched the much awaited Sun channels and there was a message to contact their helpline no to activate these channels. After listening to their advertisements for more than 15 minutes ( the number is not toll-free BTW) i could talk to them, but they said I will loose the free Monsoon offer ( I have 3 more months left) if I activate the channels. I cannot switch to the South Value pack, which is of the same price as the Jumbo pack in the offer. Now I call this as cheating or cornering customers.

4) Subscription is overpriced considering the Indian conditions when many popular SI channels are still not available in TS.

I am sure that Sun will not be able to afford to give all channels for Rs. 75 per month and definitely they will increase the price. That cannot be called cheating and in fact they are giving the STB + Dish for free as part of the introductory offer and the installation price can be saved in a few months compared to the subscription price difference between Sun and TS/Dish. This is a good offer compared to the enormous amount charged by Dish and TS for the cheap, inferior quality STBs (TS charges Rs. 2000 for STB alone, Rs. 1000 for installation and the dish belongs to the company; they can take it back once you terminate the service.

I consider the introductory offer by Sun as a very good deal and will definitely switch if they more English/Hindi entertainment and news channels.

First person who dared to post against Tatasky in this section. anyhow some are lucky and so are unlucky. some will get problems and some wont. it is the same case in everything DTH, Mobiles, Internet etc..

I am a TS user and I have booked SUN Direct, since STB is coming free. I dont mind paying the installation charges, since I will have the freedom later to choose what i want. All the sports and movie channels will come in Sun.

-Ravi

I have both and will still go for Sun DTH as they will give 2 months free.. so will watch all till december and if rates change and new packages comes then will continue with 2 of them and will kick 1 of them . dont know who deserves the kick :rofl:

About the 75rs Tag. there is nothign wrong in it. it is part of advertising, where you lure people with offers and also low prices.

Tatasky advertises 1 million minutes free... ( but then condition applies and you will get only if you win in bumper draw)

Dishtv also is adverstising about the bumper draws of cars, motorcycles.

well I think SUN dIRECT will not leave any impact on viewers untill they will launch their service nation wide...with all kind of channels for all type of viewers.

No one can have any impact, all will be the same. suckers.

"We have received the license and plan to launch pan-india services by the first quarter of next financial year," says N Arjun, head of DTH operations, Bharti Airtel. PTI TOI, 24 sep 2007Six months away; no sign of Reliance blue magic.Tata Sky and dishtv have six more months to review and improve.

the sun is not made much impact.. U can know if u were at ritchie street in chennai on the sun dth launch day...people from the party were abusing all the retailers who were selling dish and Tata Sky..They are already feeling the pressure..I even saw a big fight out of viveks in pursaiwalkam relating to the same issue.. Police was there too..Sun feels that their value will decrease because of TS and Dish..Or they are trying to market the product by holding dharnas and coming in news..:hysterical:I would not be surprised if i see sun package go off both the DTH players..:whistle:

That is why only i have posted above that sun will not leave any impact on users....they have nothing to offer new apart from sun channels ....and all sun channels are there on cable / Tata Sky / and on dishtv(very soon).

Wait and see, They will add all star and zee bouquets within 3 months from the launch.

Back