India’s First Web Browser ‘Epic’ launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7160
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,073
mmm the question i would ask is why would you need this browser when you have plenty of options already!

google chrome
chromium
mozilla firefox
Apple safari
flock
internet explorer
opera

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

alright. i am going to install it and try it out. :|

10.6MB installer. i believe firefox is almost this size. and they claim it comes with an antivirus engine!

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

whoa. wtf. this is the user interface at start:

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

this is the new tab page:

this is how this forum post looks in it:

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

this is the antivirus section:

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

ok. i initialized a scan. it starts downloading 25MB of additional data. here is what it shows:

so basically it does feature nod32. but scanning is manual.

Logo in nice, looks attractive too.But then with all these hi-fi load, wud it be really fast as they claim? I doubt.

ok i am done. a very badly designed browser. :(

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

well it ran fine on my machine but its a quad core system here.

the user interface is terrible. too many things are crammed in it.

what do u mean scanning is manual?? it doesnt scan each page automatically?

mmm you do not scan web pages. you check for phishing and malware.

the antivirus is to scan your computer. the process has to be started manually.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

hah. their phishing description says that the domain is BOLDED. i think BOLDED is not even a word. :D

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

here are the details

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

the entire user interface uses the font Trebuchet MS... which is a terrible UI design choice.

Looks nice for my eyes :)

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

So many options :( , Interface is complicated

well, whats the use if it cant scan for viruses? what if i am downloading a file which has virus?

Firefox can do this (ofcourse needs addon)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10882/

But inshort if Epic says it has antivirus, that shud mean that everything gets scanned automatically.
Remember there used to JPEG IMAGE viruses, so this program shud be able to catch them and block them.

Back