• Thread starter Thread starter iitmanojit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,061

iitmanojit

Advance User
ISP
BSNL 3G
I at last successfully installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel AMD made by Hazard) on my VMware 3.1.3 in Windows 7 Ultimate x86. I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 240 processor.
Previously it was giving several kernel panics while installing it in Virtualbox/Vmware.
I just need Kabyl bootloader (download).
But it will not work in virtualbox (you can install but you will have power problem/restart problem). But I don't have the sound yet on my VMware MAC.
I also installed Mac OS X on my friend's pc who have same configuration as mine.
Thank GOD (and others)

thats great .... i use ubuntu 10 with Mac os theme .. but now let me think on this way

@DannykI do have Mac OS theme (Macbuntu) in my Ubuntu 10.10 amd64. That is giving me total cool look. I just try to have core Mac OS X feel. Now I have it. I am planing to trippleboot my PC. Working on the way but don't want to mess with my Windows bootloaders/grub. In my friend's pc, he only have Mac OS X.

so you installed the same on Vmware workstation ??? or VMWare esx server ???previously i had seen the virtual machine with Mac os which you just need to download and add in VMware workstation ..

I too have installed the same version by Hazard around a year ago and its still working properly. I have installed it live on a partition of a hard drive and i use the Chameleon Boot Loader.The installation was a pain though. A lot of kernel panics. Finally i found a combination which worked. Some minor bugs still present like system will not wake up from standby and improper time setting (it always messes up my BIOS time) with system time etc. Time issue is because Mac uses UTC time and I'm not comfortable with it.But still I'm using it. Its currently 10.6.2. Don't have guts to install any updates on it as it will mess it up again.Are you getting the ripple effect when you drop a widget on dashboard? It took me a lot of time to enable Quartz Extreme which enables this animations. Used OSx86Tools to finally enable this.

so you installed the same on Vmware workstation ??? or VMWare esx server ???

previously i had seen the virtual machine with Mac os which you just need to download and add in VMware workstation ..

On Vmware Player 3.1.3 (x86 Windows 7)

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I tried on Vmware 3.1.3 on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64. Works welll with Kabyl bootloader. Much faster than Windows Vmware.
May be for resource hungry Windows 7.
Virtualbox 4.0.2 on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64 doesn't work (power/restart problem).

They are not posting this to "Win" ... They are simply posting a cool experiment they tried... I also own a macbook but always love to try & install mac os on diff PCs... Only prob is till now I have been sucessful in installing on many laptops but havent been sucessful in installing on my parent's Desktop:(... Guess I have to buy them a IMac or a macmini... Anyway its cool to hear someone has got it working on a Amd based PC :) ...

Back