Installing Bind and its benefits

ISP
BSNL
To the mods:
This is my first post on this forum so kindly go through in detail all links i post here then decide on quality of post.
on BSNL file shariung sites and some movie sites are blocked
well this is old story
www.putlocker.com a movie sharing site is one example == BLOCKED
to get around this
install BIND on your system
http://alex.charrett.com/bind-on-windows-mainmenu-3
what does this do ?
well it shortens dns lookup times AND
total freedom to open any site.

I don't know whether post of yours will be encouraged here. It amounts to supporting piracy.

gadgetcrazy said:
I don't know whether post of yours will be encouraged here. It amounts to supporting piracy.
piracy iff used wrongly
every coin has 2 sides, i use BIND for faster internet.
btw i am getting 1 Mbps on my 750 UL pipe ; despite crossing my monthly average of 80+ GB

I am not sure how running your own dns server would bypass blocks by the internet service providers.

Bind would be like having a DB of most fastest routes to external location on your local system I doubt this would work if
BSNL DNS is dead, (it used to happen a lot, almost every saturday to monday in my town)
BSNL blocks the IP of the destination itself, it won't let you make connections to the server, reaching there directly or indirectly.
This should also not let you over-use your package limit, or increase your speed
A simple form of clean and Healthy Bind for layman is Google DNS/Open DNS

exactly. you are not going to get faster downloads running your own dns server. the milliseconds you might save are probably not worth it.

google or open dns means you first go to america to know the address of your neighbour
bsnl blocks on bsnl dns only, so far
should bsnl implement gateway blocks, then the concept of virtual pc comes into play like alwaysonpc n stuff.
never say never.
bind speeds ur dns lookups only not your downloads, period.

And how many microseconds does it take for a domain to resolve generally?
Pings to 8.8.8.8 at my end are around 130ms. I am not sure if I save anything by running a DNS server on my own computer.

the only cool part is that u will be running ur own dsn server. but this is useful as educational/informative purposes. nothing much. for everyday normal user changing dns to either google dns/open dns/norton dns is enough.

Back