International speeds

What's funny about is that your last statement leads a reader to believe someone told u optical stats affect traffic to a particular destination.

PS - this issue can be resolved by Airtel that is if they care to do it. Best to ask them. Speeds will vary from city to city, area to area and subscriber to subscriber. Share the name of the server you test your connection with and I could try as well. Normally people from western and southern cities have better speeds than those placed in the north due to geographic proximity to international gateways. Mumbai gets the best speeds followed by Pune, Bangalore, Hyd, Chennai etc not necessarily in any order.

Last edited:
@john_dud can you give more insight into this? I host an arch mirror myself have you tried using mine? Also is parallel downloads enabled in pacman? try enabling that

please create your own thread for your arch mirror related issues. It would be good if you do not high jack this thread.

@Chip , being from north or south shouldn't matter when it comes to speed tbh. North indian traffic would still go through mumbai or whatever gateway there is in southern India. An added latency of 30ms shouldn't cause a drastic decrease in speed.

It should not affect speeds greatly but can depending on how your NOC has configured routes. There are simply too many variables that are play here. Anyways, let me know what artefact you downloaded & I'll check it via my connection. I won't post speedtest results as I am beginning to feel the mods are frowning on such posts....but downloading directly from that particular server.

In the meantime it would be best if you raised a support ticket via the app or call 121.

Airtel Broadband Delhi

Source

Back