Internet connection issues

• Thread starter Thread starter tpj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,559

tpj

ISP
BSNL
I am using the WA3002-G4 modem. Currently I having issues with internet connections. The DSL light is lit (solid yellow) on the modem, but the internet light keeps blinkling. I ran several diagnostic tests but to no success. Kindly provide suggestions on how to fix this issue. Thanks.

@tpj are you connected to Internet ? connect all phones after SPLITTER
for reference and guidance :
WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II) MENU

The connection seems to be correct. The internet light on the modem has been blinking but is not stable (solid green). what does that mean?

Probably too much noise in your line. check SNR and Attn data in the modem. ( connect only splitter and modem to telephone junction ).Or RF interference pick up from electronic device/s.( cordless/oven etc )Can you surf and access the web pages ?Change modulation to G DMT

Thanks for your reply. The SNR margin is about 5.2 and 12.5 dB for the download and upload. I shall try what you have suggested. Except for the cell phones there are no other electronic devices located close to the PC. I cannot surf any websites. Thanks.

Except for the cell phones
Change modulation to G DMT
did you try this ?
The charger for cellphones also radiates RF.( also the modem power supply )
1.Keep them away from the modem, to the extent possible.
2.Also reorient the Antenna, to test for any improvement.
3.Disable Wireless network and try LAN port connection.
4.SNR poor 5.2 db for D/L. What about attn ? If this is also very high for D/L above 40/50 db contact Exchange.
5. Post this info.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all

I will check the attn. Currently I am away from my home PC. I forgot to mention one thing earlier. I also have my UPS located close to my PC. Does that too affect the performance of the internet. The modem is getting powered through the UPS. In any case I shall tyr your suggestions (change modulation to G DMT). The wireless network is already disabled. Thanks.

Back