Internet Connection Sharing DLink GLB-502T ADSL2+ Router

anuragpatil

ISP
BSNL
Hello,I live in Dombivli(Maharashtra) which comes under Kalyan BSNL.I am having D-Link GLB-502T ADSL2+ Router.My plan is 900 Unlimited.I am having problem with Internet connection sharing.1. I have two computers in LAN.2. One computer has OS Windows Vista Home Basic and other Windows XP.3. I can connect to the Internet from any of the computer using DSL (PPPoE) with username and password.4. When Internet connection is ON both computers can access files of each other.5. However, I can access Internet only from the computer from which Internet is connected using DSL.6. Cable connections is as followsi. Network cables from both the computers are plugged in to a network hub/switch.ii. A network cable from modem to dial connection is also plugged in to network switch.iii. That is a a network cable from each is device (computer1, computer2, dsl modem) is connected to network switch/hub.Please help.Thanks in advance.Sincerely,Anurag

Which is the modem you use ? If it has a USB port connect desktop to USB port.

Simplest method would be to configure the DSL modem in router mode with NAT enabled. (My BSNL DataOne connection is setup in this way.) Then, on both the PCs, configure the LAN address of the DSL router as the default g/w. This way both the PCs will be able to access the Internet and most common apps will work, though things like an IPSec VPN client won't work.The other method (more complex) is to put the Windows box behind the Linux box; connect DSL to Linux, and enable NAT on Linux.

Which is the modem you use ? If it has a USB port connect desktop to USB port.
Hi essbebe,

Thank you for reply.

I am having D-Link GLB-502T ADSL2+ Router. I think this only is the modem.

Anurag

Simplest method would be to configure the DSL modem in router mode with NAT enabled. (My BSNL DataOne connection is setup in this way.) Then, on both the PCs, configure the LAN address of the DSL router as the default g/w. This way both the PCs will be able to access the Internet and most common apps will work, though things like an IPSec VPN client won't work.

The other method (more complex) is to put the Windows box behind the Linux box; connect DSL to Linux, and enable NAT on Linux.
Hi ramblr2006,

Thank you for reply.

Could you please elaborate on 'Simplest method would be to configure the DSL modem in router mode with NAT enabled.'

Anurag

Back