• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 14,983

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hey guys, this is my first disconnection from BSNL broadband but I just have a question. DSL light remains solid, internet light remains off. BSNL tech rep said it would be a domain issue and someone would get back to me within 24 hours. I don't know if they will or not, hope they will but I just have a question.What are the possible problems it could be? I didn't change any router settings, came home today and saw that. According to the status of the UTStarcom router *provided by bsnl* the PPP appears to be offline or disconnected. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great. Currently I'm dialing up from my mobile phone which is unlimited so not a problem as I have a backup :).Thanks and God bless,Ryan

Are you using a Dialer ? or "AlwaysOn"?
If former what is the error message you get ?
If "Always On " access modem diagnostics page and report the result.
A screen shot will be useful to diagnose the problem.

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/26523-connection-problems-goa-error-678-a/#post181789

Always on. Not using a dialer. Will report results.Test the connection to your local networkTest your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASSTest your Wireless Connection: DOWN Test the connection to your DSL service providerTest ADSL Synchronization: PASS Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL Test the connection to your Internet service providerTest PPP server connection: FAIL Test authentication with ISP: PASS Test the assigned IP address: FAILPing default gateway: FAILPing primary Domain Name Server: PASSAdditionally:Test your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASSTest your Wireless Connection: DOWN Test the connection to your DSL service providerTest ADSL Synchronization: PASS Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: F4/F5 FAIL Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: F4/F5 FAIL

Please post Ipconfig/all data.

Start RUN typecmd type ipconfig/all
If you are trying WIFI mode change connection from router LANport to
ethernet port of desktop or laptop computer.

ATM OAMF5 fail normal Ignore.
\Hope your phone is working.

Ethernet adapter BSNL Broadband: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : *Removed due to security concerns* Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1Be advised, issue is now resolved. The internet is back, and I believe that the PPP server was down or something. Here is the updated diagnostics.Test your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASSTest your Wireless Connection: DOWN Test the connection to your DSL service providerTest ADSL Synchronization: PASS Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL Test the connection to your Internet service providerTest PPP server connection: PASS Test authentication with ISP: PASS Test the assigned IP address: PASSPing default gateway: PASSPing primary Domain Name Server: PASS

Back