Internet gets disconnected every few minutes

• Thread starter Thread starter Onkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 10,510
Called 1504=>3 online help she said to change Ip address to something else other than already putted.
New DNS to (old was 59.185.0.50/23)

in my router(SAM 300AX) settings she checked to match all the settings, some settings were different:
Interface setups> Dynamic Route:RIP2-B & Direction Both.
every thing else same.

lemme chk whether it's disconnecting Now.
----------------------------------------------
A little chit chat abt everyone needs to change settings then it would be miserable scenario as every one would be calling mtnl helpline & it would be busy.But she said it was because every one is taking unlimited plan speed is varying/fluctuating/decreasing & due to increase in their customers.

--------------
But no help after 10 mins again disconnection.
they might be testing some thing.

@Nemesis87 These DNS server have been available for some time now I remember asking admin to add them in the wiki, but the rest is v interesting :) They seem to have a never ending stream of 'reasons'. :@
Its a clear indication they bit more than what they can chew. I have said it in some other post the ED really shot of his mouth before time :D
God knows what my speeds will be, my week day speeds have gone for a toss DS 0.39 :ishock:

http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/8/82/Abc_749.png/640px-Abc_749.png

Which option do i select ?

U can Select ADSL (ITU G.992.1) which is called as G.dmt. To know more about this & other options read here -wikipedia - G.dmt

U can try this option if it helps in stability but you need to get ur line checked by the lineman since ur SNR were low & attenuation too high. BTW, Are u too far from the nearest Tel. Exchange/DSLAM ?

How to change to GDMT ? Does it mean a new modem or its a different mode ?

Thanks for your reply. The modulation type was "multi". I dropped the list, selected G.dmt and clicked on Apply.

I then get the message "Save configuration and reboot to take effect". I clicked on okay.

I restarted my modem and when I go to the same page where I selected G.dmt, it automatically comes back to the original Multi mode.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I save the setting? Doesn't 'Apply' mean save? I rebooted / restarted the modem too.

For a D-Link DSL 502T select the tab 'Advanced' -> 'ADSL'. Then click on 'Apply'. After that goto 'Tools' -> 'System' -> 'Save & Reboot'.
Before doing this check where the 'Save & Reboot'. is placed. Its possible our firmwares might be different :D

mtnl dns is utter crap. the only 1 i found good enuf was 203.94.227.70 the 59.185.x.x are quite unstable in terms of steady pings.
so i use 203.94.227.70 as primary and 8.8.4.4( the google dns with lowest ping) as secondary

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

@Nemesis87 These DNS server have been available for some time now I remember asking admin to add them in the wiki, but the rest is v interesting :) They seem to have a never ending stream of 'reasons'. :@
Its a clear indication they bit more than what they can chew. I have said it in some other post the ED really shot of his mouth before time :D
God knows what my speeds will be, my week day speeds have gone for a toss DS 0.39 :ishock:
Maybe that is why sometime bck they increased th eprice of 2Mbps unltd. FROM 3999 TO 4999 just to dissuade ppl from gobbling up more bandwidth. i guess they must never have imagined ppl will b willing to pay 1000/month for internet (1Mbps) !!! lol its really a sad state of affairs that instead of focussing on increasing their capacity they are resorting to pushing prices up. at this rate 1Mbps unltd. might cost 2000 by the year end.

For a D-Link DSL 502T select the tab 'Advanced' -> 'ADSL'. Then click on 'Apply'.

After I did this, the modem ADSL light goes off and appears again after some blinking - which implies that the modem rebooted.

After that goto 'Tools' -> 'System' -> 'Save & Reboot'.
Before doing this check where the 'Save & Reboot'. is placed. Its possible our firmwares might be different :D

Since it already rebooted earlier, nothing happens after I go through the second set of steps listed. I clicked on save too. I mean there is no activity in the modem unlike selecting G.dmt and choosing apply.

Also, the mode comes back to multi after I restart my PC or modem.

Back