Internet.org is now Free Basics by Facebook

This is exactly like GoDaddy and SOPA. They were in support of SOPA. After consumer backlash, they suddenly woke up. Removed themselves from the supporters list and actively started protesting SOPA. We fully support network neutrality my ass.

They might not support NN but as long as they are doing what the consumer wants, I don't see the reason for another outrage.

I am sure most of these companies could not get much benefit from internet.org and that is why they are pulling out. They dont really care about Net neutrality.

I still dont get concept of why some companies wanted to pay provider and become part of "Free/Zero" plan when they can anyways be on some other platform without paying anybody.
Besides do they really get enough ROI by being on such free platforms.

very few companies are in a position where they are generating money through their online platform. here in india. we are going through a phase where the focus is on getting more and more users through whatever way necessary to kill the competition.

they know their market well. india is well suited for give me free internet and i would let you have my personal data.

Back