Internet Security Problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter deba007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,766

deba007

ISP
Reliance Broadband - Thunder 4 Mbps Plan.
Dear All,

I am facing virus problem while surfing the net and so planning to buy and install Norton Internet Security 2009. My question is whether I will have to buy this pack every year or will I buy it only once and receive online updates forever.

Thanks.
Deba.

Dear All,

I am facing virus problem while surfing the net and so planning to buy and install Norton Internet Security 2009. My question is whether I will have to buy this pack every year or will I buy it only once and receive online updates forever.

Thanks.
Deba.

NO. I think it is on a yearly basis, to renew the subscription.

Why don't you try to download some FREE
AntiVirus applications, and ANTISPY applications,
from FileHippo.com - Download Free Software.

You can also use the free version of ZONEALARM firewall program.
Please give feedback, about any improvement.

Also update your OS if Windows XP.

AVG is free antivirus and decent enough. No need to buy anything, particularly that junk Norton that makes PC so slow. You can also try acquiring Kaspersky.For malware try the free Microsoft Malware removal tool. And Spybot Search and Destroy.Google for these, you'll get everything.

norton is not gud....i used it for 3 months.........go for avg or avast

@ deba007

Hi,

The things you should consider when deciding an antivirus are :

1. What do you use your system for ? The use of any free antivirus software is justified if you just use your computer for recreational purposes. Whereas, if you use it for work also and the loss/corruption of data is simply unacceptable then you can go ahead and buy any reputed antivirus software.

I was simply surfing when i stumbled upon this site.. Antivirus Software Reviews - 2008 | TopChoiceReviews You can refer to their reviews and decide.

2. Is the cost of the solution justified ?

3. You should also consider the pros and cons of the software. Few AV softwares are memory intensive and slow down the comp quite a bit.

(These are the points that came to my mind when i was posting, if i get more i'll update.. :D )

Regards,

Kaspersky is is good and comes for Rs.700 yearly subscription for 3 usersI use NOD32 it's best in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Back