"Invalid XTV Subscription" Error after upgrading to TataSky+ HD

ISP
BSNL 3G
Hi Guys,I am a customer of Tata Sky for about 4-5yrs now & till recently had the regular tatasky box, never had too many issues until the power adapter conked out and had to replace it. --I also happen to have a Dell 22inch HD monitor with HDMI capable of 1080i resolution but was waiting for TS to launch HD. Placed an order on 5th March, got it installed today. --I was stunned with the amazing clarity Natgeo, Discovery and present cricket matches. :irock:--After the installation was over & they migrated my existing subscriber ID to the new digi comp box i straight away started getting "Invalid XTV Subscription" Error anytime I try to record, pause live TV. The installation dude called his folks and asked why this error is coming up, they told him to wait for couple of hours and recording will be enabled on its own (which I doubted :imbored: but hesitated to cross question him)--Called the CC and they said to do the usual stuff :wall::wall: switch off/on unplug/plug the cables (stone age troubleshooting steps that even my grandma knows). I knew that wont make any difference, so they are gonna send someone tomorrow to look into it.--Once I came to office I Google'd the error was right away pointed to broadbandforum.co post where some users were successful enough in making the CC understand that this is a plan related issue & not a hardware related issue.--I tried the same mantra and the guy who answered my call dint have a clue in the world what that error meant and said to wait until the guy shows up tomorrow. I tried to convince them that hey I read that some other ppl who had the same issue have fixed the issue after adding a so called 'Recording Plan' to their package coz when you switch from older plan to a newer one they may forget to activate the recording feature.--He totally was not understanding it, he transferred me to his supervisor who again said that they dont have anything such as a 'recording plan' or any other plan that can enable the recording and this is a set top box related error and I have to wait until the tech comes back tomorrow.--I told him the same thing that I have read in forums but it was of no use, I found that the tech support is totally useless in my experience. :frown:--I am sorry for writing a long story but had to share my frustrating experience so that others know.--Peace outRaj

Same thing happened with me. Don't worry Raj... the invalid xtv subscription goes away generally within first 24 hours. TS needs to add 'free plus usage' and 'free VoD' packages to your profile. Call center guys don't know anything about these packages. I am not sure who activates these things. I got it done when I escalated the ticket on call center. I demanded to talk to someone senior in call center and asked him to resolve my problem ASAP.

Same thing happened with me. Don't worry Raj... the invalid xtv subscription goes away generally within first 24 hours. TS needs to add 'free plus usage' and 'free VoD' packages to your profile. Call center guys don't know anything about these packages. I am not sure who activates these things. I got it done when I escalated the ticket on call center. I demanded to talk to someone senior in call center and asked him to resolve my problem ASAP.

@ ruenigma You are absolutely right today at 4.25pm I got this sms

"Tata Sky PACKAGE REQUEST COMPLETED &
CURRENT A/C BAL:Rs164; DUE DATE:23/03/2011.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO VIEW CHANNELS,
POWER ON YOUR DIGICOMP & SMS SR TO 56633"

Its a shame that TS tech support folks don't know what the internal procedures are and I wasted my precious time worrying about this. Hope this post will help others so that they dont go through the same ordeal. [Hope TS is reading this post]

Peace out

Raj :smile:

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

A quick update guys when i opened my account on mytatasky.com I found that a new plan had been added to my add on package, its called "Showcase VoD Free" and i am most certainly sure this was not present yesterday when i checked my plan details only "HD Gold Monthly" was present. I have attached a screenshot below. From 4.25pm today I was able to start recording and this error no longer appears.
--
Request anyone who starts getting the same error to either wait for 24hrs for this to get updated or call CC and ask them to add this plan. Dont know if this was a coincidence but I am certain this add on package has got something to do with it.
--

Peace out

Raj. :wink:

Quick update guys, I now notice that a add on plan called "Showcase VoD Free" which seems to have resolved the issue & now am able to record.

Look at the screen shot below.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I agree with ruenigma - if someone else is facing the same issue then please wait for atleast 24hrs. If this plan is not added even after 1day then call up CC & tell them to add this plan only then i think one can start recording.

Peace out

Raj :D

Back