iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak

• Thread starter Thread starter Citrus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,235
Hey there ..I know this is a out of the topic question ..but how do we actually jailbreak a phone ..do we need to install a custom firmware & what after jailbreaking ? I did a jailbreak on 4.2.1 but Cydia dint worked. On clicking it ...it again took me back to the main home screen ..any suggestions or help ..how to jailbreak & install cyida ?

Hey there ..I know this is a out of the topic question ..but how do we actually jailbreak a phone ..do we need to install a custom firmware & what after jailbreaking ? I did a jailbreak on 4.2.1 but Cydia dint worked. On clicking it ...it again took me back to the main home screen ..any suggestions or help ..how to jailbreak & install cyida ?

If you are on Mac, you have two options.

1. Make a custom firmware using PwnageTool and restore iPhone/iPad/iPod using it. This will preserve the baseband (if you depend on unlocks) and jailbreak your device too.
2. If you don't need to preserve the baseband, just run redsn0w for Mac and your device will be jailbroken. No need to make custom firmware.

If you are on Windows, you again have two options.

1. Make a custom firmware using ih8sn0w's sn0wbreeze and restore your device using the firmware. Your device will not only be jailbroken but the baseband will be preserved too.
2. If you don't need to preserve the baseband, run redsn0w for Windows to jailbreak your device.

If you need instructions specific to a tool/device or iOS version, post here and I'll explain.

The pic says ur getting error with snowbreeze, not redsnow. Also u need .Net framework 3.5 to run it.

Are you able to use the Wifi tethering?

Are you able to use the Wifi tethering?

Nope, no such option. They don't even let you do USB tethering unless you have a Vodafone/Airtel SIM let alone WiFi tethering without either of them. You can always use MyWi or PDANet (available in Cydia) for WiFi tethering though.

Back