IP Address change for Tikona

• Thread starter Thread starter SASHA007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 15,391

SASHA007

ISP
Airtel
Can the IP address be changed For the Tikona broadband connection by restarting the router everytime i wan to have a new IP ?

Please someone reply ...

as long as you arent on static yes you get reassigned new ip each time you reconnect

yeaps and thats is called as Dynamic ip configuration what tikona does for customers unless you opt for a static ip. you don't have to switch off the router sometimes you can logoff and relogin in to tikona account and your ip is to be changed each time

SacredDevil666 said:
yeaps and thats is called as Dynamic ip configuration what tikona does for customers unless you opt for a static ip. you don't have to switch off the router sometimes you can logoff and relogin in to tikona account and your ip is to be changed each time
Okay . thanks for the info .
Can you please also help me clear my doubts by answering the below questions ?
1. Does Tikona provide a Wireless router ?
2. Heard tikona imposes some limit on the number of simultaneous connections to the Wi-Fi . Is it true ?
3. How is the reliability of the connection . Downtimes ?
4. Is it an always on connection or do we need to log in to our account once every 24 hours or something ?
Kindly reply .

SASHA007 said:
Okay . thanks for the info .
Can you please also help me clear my doubts by answering the below questions ?
1. Does Tikona provide a Wireless router ?
2. Heard tikona imposes some limit on the number of simultaneous connections to the Wi-Fi . Is it true ?
3. How is the reliability of the connection . Downtimes ?
4. Is it an always on connection or do we need to log in to our account once every 24 hours or something ?
Kindly reply .
1. Tikona provides a router for 1500/yr
2. Not sure about Tikona provided routers, but if you put up your own router, then there is no restriction.
3. I would say its one of the better, though not the best, operators.
4. The connection automatically logs off if there is no data transfer for about 20-30mins.

ChaiBiskutBhai said:
2. Not sure about Tikona provided routers, but if you put up your own router, then there is no restriction.
4. The connection automatically logs off if there is no data transfer for about 20-30mins.
the 4th point...the connection doesn't log off even if there is no activity for 24hrs. i have checked it for about 40hours and no logoff and then i had to reboot my system for some reason...but if you login once if won't log you off unless you do that manually or your connection goes down and then you have to logoff and relogin sometimes. not sure about tikona but wiht a normal wifi router you shouldn't have any restrictions to connecting th enumber of systems... this is what you could do. use wifi router logon to one system and then you can share without reconnecting...
your downtime and connectivity issues depends on how far you are from the APN's to which you are going to get connected
oh yeah and sasha your last font was invisible loll try checking it out :tongue:

ChaiBiskutBhai said:

SacredDevil666 said:
the 4th point...the connection doesn't log off even if there is no activity for 24hrs. i have checked it for about 40hours and no logoff and then i had to reboot my system for some reason...but if you login once if won't log you off unless you do that manually or your connection goes down and then you have to logoff and relogin sometimes. not sure about tikona but wiht a normal wifi router you shouldn't have any restrictions to connecting th enumber of systems... this is what you could do. use wifi router logon to one system and then you can share without reconnecting...
your downtime and connectivity issues depends on how far you are from the APN's to which you are going to get connected
oh yeah and sasha your last font was invisible loll try checking it out :tongue:

Thanks to both ChaiBiskutBhai and SacredDevil666 for clearing my doubts . :OK:
I just need a good connection . Tired off with Airtel and want to switch .
Can you please just help me on one more thing :-
Can you please first check your IP and then reboot your router to see if the IP changes or not ?
This is of utmost importance as i use file sharing sites to download which require constant IP Changes ...
@SacredDevil666 : Did not get the invisible font point of yours :question:

SASHA i am sorry to be blunt. do you think we would say the ip changes without checking it? I been with Tikona for over 6months and hence advised you about their cnnection is on Dynamic IP. No isp gives in India gives you a static ip unless you pay for it. So believe it or not is your decision, we spoke from our experience and it does change time each time you logout and log back into tikona account doesn't require you to reboot your router always.
Now again if i say i restarted my router and then i checked to find that the ip has been changed, would you believe it or would you come back asking show the snapshots of ips changed?
I would suggest you to book a free demo of tikona and check it yourself whether the ip changes or not and clear all the doubts by yourself :)

IP will not change simply by rebooting the router, you need to log out, turn off Tikona modem, wait for 1-2 minutes and see if your IP has been changed or not. If not then you have to change router Mac address.

Back