IPHONE 3G releasing: Vodafone will be the first, Date Confirmed..

well india also does not even have complete mobile coverage. so its expected. but its absurd to charge everyone enhanced data charges as ATT is doing in the US market. :)

Where Apple's New iPhone Doesn't Help: AT&T's 3G Dead Zones

Bharti said it is ready to launch 3G services as soon as the company gets spectrum. No body wants to be behind in the race of launch date.

^ It's not like the States has complete mobile coverage - far from it!!!! If you go to AT&T or T-Mobile's site, you will see on their maps what kind of coverage they give. And 3G is all but non-existent in places outside of the major cities like New York etc.Trust me, we don't know how good we have it here. Things are not all hunky dory in the West.@rageaddict, I have seen the 3G appear even when I was using WiFi on my E51 in the states. So I think whether it shows G or E or 3G depends on what speed it detects for that particular connection.

it also says that 3g will be priced above the approved base price and i wonder how high?? "affordable" high or "wait two more years till you finally afford to get your hands on it" high.

I visited Vindhyachal last month, a small town near mirzapur, and found my vodaphone was skipping signal in that city and suddenly i noticed a small 3G was visible just below the Signal strength, however phone was not getting any signal bars for those 5 minutes and then the signals came back but in a few minutes again the 3G icon dis-appeared. Same happend to me twice again recently in Lucknow and Allahabad, seems vodaphone is testing or enabling 3G on their network to start it as soon as they get approval for required spectrum.:thumbsup:

interesting... i don't think providers need to setup extra hardware in their towers to enable 3G... guess some tweaking with the settings of the towers does the trick... just a thought folks:P

Back