Iphone 3G: Vodafone Mobile Connect?

• Thread starter Thread starter frankmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 15,607
any suggestions ppl??????anyone with email addresses of ppl who can actually make a difference in vodafone????

An old-topic, but... I recently saw this bonus pack on the Vodafone site "Bonus 19" for unlimited GPRS..Is this for just for a day ? No info has been given,Thanks,

Hi!..Just came across this thread today.I've been using my official iPhone 3G from Vodafone for a few months now..They have an iPhone data plan 199 which gives you 50MB of free data after that they charge 5p per 10KB. they do not advertise this plan and do not activate it over the phone. I went to the Vodafone Store to get it activated. The APN 'iphone' is embedded in the iPhone 2.0 software and the vodafone iphone plans use this APN.

However if they still dont activate this plan for you, you can ask them to activate the basic Vodafone Mobile connect 199 plan.

You can then go to www.unlockit.co.nz (You can only do it from your Safari phone browser over wi-fi)and create a new APN profile for the iPhone.
Select 'Custom APN' and enter WWW in the APN field. Click on 'Create Custom Profile' and install this. Simply install this profile and activate it. You would be able to use Mobile connect this way!

Back