IPTV on PC

• Thread starter Thread starter rocky5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,066

rocky5

ISP
MTNL
I intend to subscribe for IPTV. The service will be used on my PC and not the TV. I have understood that on your multi-port router one port would be used for the Triband while the other for IPTV. The cable for IPTV will go from the router into the set-top box. Now which cable will go from the set top box to which port of the PC so that I can watch the channels in windows?

well i guess u need a tv tuner card which will give you the audio/video inputs..You will be bringing the connection from modem to the settop box using ethernet wire and from settop box to computers tv tuner card through audio/video cable or s-video cable. You will have to place your settop box close to ur comp so that you will be able to change the channels through the remote of stb. I guess that is the only method. Am trying for some alternative too....In addition, I must point out that once I did call the iptv service and they did mention to me that some settings need to be done even after this connection and that will be done by their representative.

Hey thanks for your reply dude. I think i started this thread sometime in september. I was surprised to see no replies and I didnt bother after 2 days. Now I was even more surprised to see a reply of which I came to know from my mail account.
Initially after reading some threads i thaught it could be done without the TV tuner. But yup TV tuner is required.

:) well Rocky...I too am trying ways to somehow link the tv and pc and that too now when tv has come that close to internet...I was told that the IPTV group is working on this part...However, it is not impossible to get IPTV directly on PC....there is a foreign IPTV service that i came across which is providing a player software for its subscribers and through which their IPTV can be watched on PC without any tv tuner card stuff......But looking at the present pace at which these people are providing service, I guess that will take a long time from now. Worst part I got to know is that they cant give an additional set up box for purchase too....so if i use a tv tuner card..either i must go to my living room and change channels each time and come to my room or must change wirings each time....Anyways...at any time if you get any ideas or updates...Do post them here...And hey no thanks and all ..lets all use this forum to share knowledge . I like this forum for that....:thumbsup:bye for now

Back