IRC Server on My M/c NAT config

• Thread starter Thread starter munish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,354

munish

ISP
AIRTEL
Hi friends,How ya doing all.I am using airtel broadband connection 2 mbps 6 gb plan.I am planning to run an irc server on my local m/c.As I am behind the NAT, I have to configure and forward the ports(6667).I did it using the advanced setup in beetel 220 BXI ADSL2+MODEM.But still I am not able to connect to my irc server running on my pc.As my IP is dynamic , I am using no-ip.com services to have a dynamic dns name. So that outside users(WAN) can reach me in internal lan.Port forwarding is done by me but no I can not connect to irc server from bothinternally or externally. Please suggest a solution.Thanks,Munish

have you opened the port in windows firewall or any other firewall? try this online port scanner to make sure your port is opened successfully.. Online Port Scanner | Port Scan | Port Scanning | Portscan Tool

Yes I tried this. The result is :-

122.xxx.xxx.xxx isn't responding on port 6667 (ircd).What could be the problem. Note: It has identified it as irc deamon.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Munish

then either some firewall is blocking or you havent portforwarded properly..do you have any router or other networking device inbetween your modem and pc?

then either some firewall is blocking or you havent portforwarded properly..do you have any router or other networking device inbetween your modem and pc?

No other device is in between, its like :-

MYPC--->AIRTEL BEETAL MODEM-->INTERNET

I have port forwarded and added virtual server for irc. But Its still not working..Show me an example of port forwarding.

Back