Is ACT Fibernet reliable ? Area - Wadgaon Sheri, Pune

• Thread starter Thread starter SushantK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 786
ISP
Tata play fiber
Hi there, just wanted to check if anyone has ACT fibernet connection in Wadgaon Sheri area. I'm planning to take one for daily office work.
Is it reliable or they have frequent outages and issues? I'm looking for a stable connection (even 5o Mbps is fine but should be stable) and should provide good support for VPN. Should not reduce speed or block sites when office VPN is accessed. Let me know if you have any other ISP suggestions that are better. Thanks !
#ACT #Pune

not recommended office work at all. those guys block major ports.
Performance wise, if it performs it performs the best in india, but once it start to trouble you, you will end up popping antidepressant pills.

Please look for more reliable option in your area. Tata fiber available, i hears it the best in pune. else jio airfiber ?

I don't know why netant is saying its not recommended for office work. I have been on ACT for a very long time in Bangalore . Me and my wife have been working from home since 2020 and ACT has delivered solid performance. We both use our office VPN and have no issues at all. I have tried spectra and excitel , but ACT is the best for office work.

ACT in Bangalore , not "very good", never was.
100% depend on area, rating ranges form "good" to "very poor". Also they have better pricing in Chennai & Hyderabad.

ACT was distributed by local cable walas before airtel/tata made entry in Bangalore market. who already had a cable network in all nooks and corners., so number of act user are very high, hence the number of supporting voice online is higher, nothing else.
after a decade of operation ACT still don't have a robust and half-professional customer services like organized companies such as tata, airtel. one is left on the mercy of local guy.

Also WFH requirement for different people is different , some just need to open chrome tabs and sit staring them. .. and thinks everyone does same on this mother earth... for those people ACT can be good, because all they need is internet connectivity and some free OTT apps.

Airtel/Tata is totally diffrent class.

Airtel CC is a shit show after 2022. It's not a "different class". At the end ACT, Airtel and Tata Play are ISPs who cater to the Indian Market. Customer support is not great in any of them in my experience.

I have been working from home(connecting to my work VPN) and ACT has performed very well. I have been on ACT since 2019 on/off in multiple parts of bangalore and my experience has been great for the most part. No one is gonna provide 100% uptime for a residential connection.

I never faced any issue with my ACT connection or their customer support team. They are no different than Airtel if not better. Same for TPF.
Uptime, connectivity and browsing experience is pretty much the same on all these ISPs unless something is seriously wrong with the hardware. About WFH, I have had good experience with both Airtel and ACT for quite a long time.

Also @netant afaik ACT doesn't rely on LCO. They have their own dedicated customer support and ground staff. I always had timely resolutions in case of issues.

@netant I am a programmer and my wife is into circuit designing . So we are not just sitting and staring at chrome tabs . We use VPN and VNC inside office vpn and never had speed issues or latency issues . ACT don't use LCO for distribution and customer service is not out sourced . All issues are attended by ACT technicians on the ground . They are good . I have seen the growth of ACT in my area and just by looking at the no. of SSIDs with the ACT prefix they have grown like crazy in my area in last 5 years , so much so that Tata play and jio fiber haven't even launched in my area . Even airtel is stuck on copper in my area . My aunt had airtel for a year in a prime location in Bangalore and the service and support was worst and I would never go back to airtel nor recommend them to anyone . Frequent fiber cuts , their junction boxes in the area were a mess and so many downtimes .

As mentioned by others ACT is new in Pune , so initial experience may not be so good as in other established places. So its up to the OP to decide on what connection he wants. Agreed on the plans , they don't have same pricing across India , a scope for improvement for them . But their plans are reasonably priced compared to the major players.

Back