Is anyone with a Nokia G-140W-C/F getting IPv6 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter SniperX
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,399
There should be no issue as configs are pushed to the router.

Upvote 0
Code:
[root@AONT: ONTUSER]# cat /etc/dhcp6c_ppp111.conf
interface ppp111 {
    request domain-name-servers,domain-name;
    send ia-pd 0;
    send ia-na 0;
    send reconfigure-accept;
};
id-assoc na {
};
id-assoc pd {
    prefix-interface ppp111 {
        sla-id 0;
        sla-len 0;
    };
};

This is Nokia 140WF's auto generated dhcp6c configuration file when using DHCPv6 + PD on ONT's WAN settings. However, the ppp111 (PPPoE Interface) fails to retrieve IP address, prefix and dns servers from the upstream.

Upvote 0
Is v6 available in your area? If it's not enabled you wont get it. Airtel's roll out is patchy.

I got v6 after a long wait..only end May this year...about a month and a half back.

Upvote 0
I have no idea to be honest but it worked for me once couple of months back and then when i got banned on a site (i rebooted my Nokia ONT) and realised i was put on CGNAT and since then none of the P2P apps and services are working for me and neither is IPv6. I would like to think me going into the settings switching to dual stack might have expedited me being put on CGNAT lol.

Upvote 0
@SniperX Dual stack is enabled only for some areas. If you have CGNAT you just may get an IPv6 address...no hard and fast rule though. It's rolling out in phases and sometimes you may get it and sometimes not.

And if CGNATed and you use P2P just get a paid static IPv4. It's the best solution.

Upvote 0
Back