• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,568

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
2012 was a good enough year in terms of plans and I did not face FUP throughout the year though the lines were terrible for most parts of the year including the monsoon season. But in December, I bought a Note tablet and downloaded a few HD movies from Youtube to watch on the tablet. Perhaps that screwed up the bandwidth and the speed went down to nearly 150-200 kbps for the last few days. So, I wanted to check the current plans and cannot open the bsnl.co.in website. When I search bsnl in google then too the website is not showing up in the results. So, is the bsnl website down for a long time and if so for how many days. And have any new plans or speed upgrades been introduced by BSNL. It seems several other companies have upgraded speeds and launched new plans this year. Has BSNL done any changes yet or are they continuing with the same old plans which were launched/upgraded 2 years back at the start of 2011. My uploading speeds have decreased significantly too and the upload speed is nearly 200 kbps or 20 KBps now which was previously around 500 kbps and 50+ KBps. And when will BSNL upgrade plans. Sibal had announced a telecom policy and the state owned ISP is not following it at all it seems. :confused:Hope there was some competitor to BSNL in Assam but sadly there is none at all. The worst part about BSNL is that the high end customers are screwed up the most which is completely opposite to other ISPs. Every major ISPs give good plans for higher customers at least including even Airtel but BSNL screws up the high end customers the most. Abe kam se kam 1500+ plans ko to theek karo. :pissed-off:

The main site is not opening, but some of the sub-domains are. As far as I can see they have not made any changes recently (hyderabad maybe the only exception).

Site is opening for me since yesterday. It was down for a few days before that. As far as I can see, there has been no tinkering with the Unlimited Home Plans. They remain the same.

Yeah, site is opening fine now. Maybe a temporary glitch.Also chennai site is showing free calls to all networks from 1350 plan onwards

Thanks for the replies guys. It is opening for me too now. The plans are the same as you mentioned. In fact, the free calls (which I anyways never used) are limited only to BSNL network. So, a downgrade of the plans in a way though I hardly care about the free calls part. Except a few selected circles, BSNL is keeping the "Baba Adam Zamane Ka" Plans when other networks have upgraded their plans several times in the last couple of years. Yaar, ye plans upgrade kab karenge? 2 saal tak baaki networks 2-3 baar plans upgrade karte hain aur namo nishan nahin hai plan upgrades ka. When will they be upgraded? Kam se kam Airtel ke jitna to karo though Airtel has also gained the name Airtel due to their sluggish plan upgrades etc. in the last few years (compared to the regular plan upgrades 3-4 years ago). Aur high end customers ke liye to kuch plan upgrades karo. BSNL has the most expensive plans for 1500+ customers compared to any other major wired broadband network in India. The few selected circles are the only ones which make somewhat sense that too compared to Airtel which in itself is rotting like hell. In rest of the circles, the high end plans are just pricey like anything. Had someone like Reliance or Beam etc. become PAN-India BSNL would have lost all the high end customers. And the worst part is the NE region where BSNL is the only option available as they only have the independent broadband backbone in that region. I had read recently that India is planning to bring internet backbones to NE through Bangladesh which in itself sounds weird. But hope somebody else also lays lines to the NE except BSNL even if it means passing through another nation. And hope that Bangladesh does not steal or cut off the lines if there is any issue there. Huh! Pathetic but it seems there is no real hope for anything including broadband in this part of the world.

Back