is dreambox the solution to my dreams?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sumit Sinha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 11,347

Sumit Sinha

Hi,

I am from India. And I am a big sport fanatic.

Till this time last year, I was a very satisfied person with whatever I was getting to watch on my cable TV with whatsoever bad reception. Then, I had the urge to but a DTH (Airtel or Tata Sky) so as to watch all the sporting action in high quality. So while doing research for DTH, I landed on some sites on the net and found that they streaming different sports ranging from cricket to football to tennis on channels whose name I hadn't heard ever, and that also without any annoying commercials every 2 mins. I simple felt in love watching my favorite sports on these channels as much I hated to watch them on Indian-commercial-filled channels. I even became paid member on a number of these kinds of sites. But the only downside to this enjoyment was, the channels were not up 24X7 and some of the channels streaming quality were much below than the normal standard. I made up a list of all the major sporting channels from around the world and kept on looking around on the net for that elusive place, but alas there was none to be found. But in the process my mind caught up a word from somewhere, which told me maybe this is the way to those channels, maybe this is the way to my dream - the word was "DREAMBOX".

But yet after doing so much investigation I haven't got a clue to what is the answer to my question.
My question, well it is: is there a way by which I can get at least half, if not all, of the channels which I have listed via Dreambox?

The only thing which I know is:
1. FTA-Channels - Using Dreambox I can get all FTA channels. So which of these are FTA?
2. Non-FTA-Channels - What the process for non-FTA channels? Card sharing? Which of the listed channels will I be able to get via CS?

Also I am very curious to know if anyone has ever tried such a thing, I mean such a huge channel list, or am I the only freak here...LOL

SuperSport 1
SuperSport 2
SuperSport 3
SuperSport 3A
SuperSport 3N
SuperSport 4
SuperSport 5
SuperSport 6
SuperSport 7
SuperSport 10
SuperSport Blitz
SuperSport HD
SuperSport HD 2
SuperSport Maximo
SuperSport Maximo 2
CSN
SABC 1
SABC 2
SABC 3

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3.com
ESPNU
ESPN America
ESPN Classic
ESPNews
ESPN Plus
ESPN on ABC
Zee Sports USA/TEN Action+
Dish Network USA
Directv USA
Willow Cricket
abc
CBS

ESPN India
Star Sports India
Star Cricket India
Zee Sports India
Ten Sports
Ten Cricket
NEO Sports
NEO Cricket
DD Sports
SET MAX

Geo Super
PTV
ARY Digital

British Eurosport
British Eurosport 2
Eurosport News
Eurosport
Eurosport 2
Eurosport HD
Setanta Sports Ireland
Setanta Sports 1
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Sports 3
Sky Sports 4
Sky Sports News
BBC Sport
ITV1
ITV2
ITV3
ITV4

Cricket Plus
ATN CBN
CBC

Fox Sports 1
Fox Sports 2
Fox Sports 3
Fox Sports Plus
Channel Nine
Channel Seven
One HD / One Digital
Setanta Sports Australia
ESPN Australia

Sky Sport 1
Sky Sport 2
SKY Sport 3
Sky Sport Highlights
TV One
TV3
Prime

BTV

Rupavahini - Channel Eye

ShowSports 1
ShowSports 2
ShowSports 3
ShowSports 4
ART Prime Sport
Al Jazeera Sports

Astro SuperSport
Astro SuperSport 2
Astro SuperSport 3
Fiji TV
Sky Pacific

Fox Sports International
Prime Sports
Lemar tv
Caribbean Media Corporation
Hum Tum TV
Tennis Channel
The Golf Channel
GOLTV

Cheers,
Sumit

1st dreambox wud be illegal if u want non-FTA channels.but even if u wish to go for it, for those many channels, u might need multiple dishes pointing to appropriate satellites which broadcast channels u want.

dreambox ; wish we had more info

i dont think it is possible since ur dreambox should point at these frequencies and u cant point same channel @ diff diff frequencies at one time. it is as simple as AM FM tuner of radio. u cant listen to am 93.1 if ur on fm 93.1

i dont think it is possible since ur dreambox should point at these frequencies and u cant point same channel @ diff diff frequencies at one time. it is as simple as AM FM tuner of radio. u cant listen to am 93.1 if ur on fm 93.1

We could set up multiple dishes for that + (or) use DiseqC (Motorized dish configuration) - so it is possible to catch frequencies from multiple satellites but there would be a little delay when changing from one SAT to another

Looks like yet another scam, 1 post by this fellow 'Sumit Sinha' and so precise ! - seems like someone is trying to market Dreambox here :)

Well, its good to be precise sometimes...and hell no i am not trying to market anything.. i am trying to find some answers :)

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

@Sumit, Do you really have time to watch these 100+ sports channels?
not really, but i wouldn't mind having all of them at my fingertips if i can. Watching sports never harmed anybody.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

1st dreambox wud be illegal if u want non-FTA channels.

but even if u wish to go for it, for those many channels, u might need multiple dishes pointing to appropriate satellites which broadcast channels u want.
Well, even i was worried about this thing but this was my last conern as first and foremost i need to find out what all i can receive and then decide on how to receive them. :)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Ha, well when its free.. who wont mind :D

Right-on bro!. but i doubt that its gonna be absolutely free :(

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

We could set up multiple dishes for that + (or) use DiseqC (Motorized dish configuration) - so it is possible to catch frequencies from multiple satellites but there would be a little delay when changing from one SAT to another
Delay is not a big issue between switching channels as long as it manageable.

Now i have done some research and came up with this:
As i live in India, i can get the Indian channels even without card sharing by simple subscribing.
But what i really want is the Sky and Supersport channels
Sky channels are on Sky UK on Astra 2A/2B/2D & Eurobird 1 at 28.2°E which i cannot get by any means in India.
But what about the supersport channels, it seems like MultiChoice South Africa on Intelsat 10 at 68.5°E feeds are receivable in India or has it been blocked/discontinued?

From what i have found out, barring the US/UK/Australia?NZ channels, all the others can be received in India? Yes, of course, some of them are receivable in only some parts of India.

So, please suggest how to get the Sky channels from Sky Uk and supersport channels from MultiChoice South Africa in India?
How about getting a proxy VPN for those countries and buying their package and then watching it online on their online players? will it work? Or please suggest some other way.

Back