• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,450

Kalyan_1980

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 500
Last week i insert my pen drive in my system, i scaned for virus. Symantic Antivirus detect 2 virus from Pen dirve. One is .exe and another one is registry. But i found that another file .ini is exist in the pendrive which is used to execute the .exe and registry file. But Symantic Antivirus did not delete the .ini file. :huh:Why?:SThanks in Advance.

yes, u have to delete the "autorun.inf" file on all your drives cos that is what executes the virus when you open your drives...don't know of any ini files...

If the Virus .exe file is deleted, then what .ini will do. Since there is no exe file to execute. :whistle:

first of all is it inf or ini? imho there is no danger with ini files.BTW, can u give the full file name of the ini file pls?

I think you're mistaken... it should be autorun.inf...

In another machine i had Mcafe, when i inser the pen drive it automatically delete the ini file and give alert states that, autorun.ini was deleted. But i am not sure that is autorun.ini or autorun.inf :SOk is both are harmful to our system, if the .exe virus file was deleted? :huh:

if the exe file is deleted there is probably no problem, but each virus is different. Some symptoms are that when you double click a drive it opens a new window or you cannot open task manager, regedit, and msconfig or you cannot hide any files or firefox cannot be opened or orkut cannot be opened etc...Just disable autorunning your drives and you'll be safe from the usb viruses...

Back